Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why not tax the Rich? - Page 4

User Thread
 63yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nugamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is worthy of a whole new string... See my new string post.

Cheers,

"Life, Liberty, & Property Rights."
 63yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nugamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Swedes propose a tax on men.

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A group of Swedish parliamentarians proposed levying a "man tax" to cover the social cost of violence against women.
"It must be obvious to all of us that society has a huge problem with male violence against women and that has a cost," Left Party deputy Gudrun Schyman told Swedish radio on Monday.
"We must have a discussion where men understand they as a group have a responsibility," said Schyman, one of the party members to sign the motion for debate on the new tax.
Sweden already has the highest taxes in the European Union as a percentage of gross domestic product to pay for its famous but hard-pushed cradle-to-grave welfare program.
It is also one of the world's most advanced nations in terms of gender equality, but Schyman said in a headline-hitting 2002 speech that discrimination in Sweden followed "the same pattern" as in Afghanistan under the Taliban.

"Life, Liberty, & Property Rights."
 66yrs • F •
Ino Vate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
1. Health care should be sponsored by tax dollars.
2. Education, including college, should be sponsored by tax dollars.
3. Trade schools should also be sponsored by tax dollars.
4. Health care and Education should be contingent on being a working member of the society and filing taxes yearly to renew a health care/education card. Children would be covered along with their parents. The elderly would still be covered by social security. (By the way, all politicians should share the same social security we have. They'd have a vested interest to see it work that way.) This in no way prevents the rich from seeking health care or education elsewhere.
5. Welfare would not need to exist if health care and education were government subsidized. Adults of working age unable to work for several years due to health reasons would have the option of purchasing low cost insurance based on their assets. Prisoners would have the same option, although at a higher cost. (Why should they get free education and health care for breaking the law?)
6. Members of society earning, inheriting, or winning less than a million dollars yearly should be taxed at a flat rate.
7. Any amount earned, inherited, or won that exceeds a million dollars yearly should be taxed at 95%. Tabloid entertainers do not need to earn $750,000 monthly, neither to ball players.
8. Corporation profit margins that exceed a standard percentage of growth should be taxed at 95%. (This would amply pay for both health care and education)
9. Higher tariffs should be imposed on imported goods or goods manufactured overseas by American companies. Yes, I would pay more for products if this meant that the current gap between the ultra rich and the poor were reduced and I wouldn't have to worry about health care or putting my kid through college.
10. The only ones left out are the ones who truly don't give a crap. The current situation has been seen in history before. It has generally led to a revolution. You'd think humanity would learn.
Just a thought.

"None"
 39yrs • M •
RideTheWalrus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The richest of the rich can sustain their fortune simply by having their fortune. They are, for the most part unaffected by taxes, because the bulk of their money does not reside in any one country. Most of that wealth will always be in countries that tax their wealth the least.

Normally what we call 'the rich' here in the US are not those fat cats, they are simply people who are on the higher end of INCOME scale. For instance, Obama is talking about taxing those who make over $250,000 a year.

The result of taxing these people is the same as taxing YOURSELF.

If you raise taxes on a landlord for instance, the result will not always be a pay decrease for the landlord, the landlord has the option of simply raising the rent. If you look at it from that perspective, who is really paying for the tax increase? Not the landlord, but the worker who rents from the landlord.

If a small business owner makes over $250,000 a year, and the government decides to tax that income, the most probable result is either pay decreases, price decreases, or layoffs for the workers of that business.

Either way, once again it is you the worker who actually pays for these tax increases.

It is my understanding that the economy is linked, much like the human body. You cannot tax those who have higher incomes more and expect it not to tinkle down to you in the form of unemployment, pay decreases, or an increasing price of goods.

What the government is doing at present is taking your anger towards 'the fatcats', and they are using that anger to expand government programs and head towards big government at your expense.

My personal opinion is that we need to revert back to a much smaller government that focuses on military, roads/transportation, police, firemen, and schools. A government like this could be financed through nothing more than a sales tax.

35yrs • F •
jeyra is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The most affected of this tax are the middles and lower class people but there are companies who offers short term loan this is a special loan created for working consumers so if find it difficult to pay your tax payday can help you with quick and easy process.discover even more in your web-site.

36yrs • F •
caitlee is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Whether or not you agree that the rich individuals in the United States should pay more taxes, the truth is that the IRS has allowed a number of tax code loopholes. Through these loopholes, the resourceful can save money by exercising tax exemptions. Because tax rate really declines when annual income exceeds $1.5 million, there's definitely something at work. It's how the rich avoid taxes.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The rich ARE taxed. They are just better at evading taxes like hiding their money in offshore accounts.

Why not tax the Rich? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy