What is it really that motivates you? The need to fly or the fear to stop? - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Humpty Nam Kerry Dumpty fell off the wall today.

User Thread
 55yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that FederalistUSA is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Swift Boat Veterans Condemn Kerry as Unfit to Command, May4th,2004 - In a standing-room-only suite at National Press Club, former 'Swiftee' John O'Neill, spokesman for Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, told reporters that the junior U.S. senator from Massachusetts (Kerry) is unfit to be the nation's commander in chief. In a 90-minute session one veteran after another described with brutal honesty why he fixed his signature to a public letter to the Democrat candidate condemning Kerry's allegations of war crimes and demanding that the former decorated Swift Boat skipper authorize the Department of Defense to release all his military records.
Some of the comments:
Veteran Steve Gardner: 'I watched him put his crew in jeopardy, his indecisive moves ...
Veteran Charles Plumley, who was seriously wounded in Swift Boat river operations combat, described Kerry as 'self-absorbed, requiring constant supervision.'
Veteran Barnard Wolff: 'He needs to clarify that first Purple Heart.'
Veteran Andy Horne: 'Kerry left us with the stain of sewage.'
Veteran Robert G. Elder: 'We didn't loose the war on the ground in Vietnam, we lost it at home, and at home John Kerry was the field general.'
Rear Adm. Hoffman remarked, 'I signed this letter because I do not believe John Kerry is fit to be commander in chief of the armed forces of the United States. This is not a political issue. It is a matter of his judgment, truthfulness, reliability, loyalty and trust – all absolute tenets of command.'
The vets end with - 'It is our collective judgment that, upon your return from Vietnam, you grossly and knowingly distorted the conduct of the American soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen of that war (including a betrayal of many of us, without regard for the danger your actions caused us.) Further, we believe that you have withheld and/or distorted material facts as to your own conduct in this war.'
FederalistUSA says - I do not believe the Kerry Spin machine will be able to put Humpty Nam Kerry Dumpty back together. Candidate Kerry, in reference to the complete disclosure of your records that the veterans have requested, I say 'BRING IT ON'.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe Vietnam should be fought again. I'm sure you will find some veterans who don't like Kerry while you'll find others who do. You can sit for days and listen to one story after another about the horrors of Vietnam. The Vets in Vietnam killed eachother then, do you think they are all in agreement now. Vietnam was a horrible mess. If you weren't in Vietnam you were fighting about it.

I'm proud of anyone who came out of Vietnam alive, and even more proud if they are still sane.

Kerry certainly has a lot more experience then Bush who served in the National Guard and now leads us in war.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 55yrs • M •
As a veteran I always pay attention to how a presidential contender will lead as the Commander in Chief. I give credit to Navy Lt. John Kerry for his Vietnam service ... He stood for his beliefs in Nam & back here, speaking out. I also believe that his peers, other Vietnam vets who served with him, have the right to tell the American people what they saw and how they feel about this guy. Kerry's election team decided to engage Dubya on military service; they started this by wanting full disclosure of his Guard time. Kerry planned on showing that GW wasn't fit to lead America during a war, Kerry pushed his valiant 4 month combat service and continues this today with new political ads. When you play the hero card like Kerry has you better expect your peer veterans to come out and validate your war experience. Remember, Al Gore is also a Vietnam veteran and even Al had sense back in 2000 to leave Nam out of the political fray. Kerry's failure is not being able to gauge the veteran's backlash to his trumped up stuff. Nam Vets are not to be used for political gains, they are tired of it. I would not be surprised if the Nam Vets gather at the Vietnam Memorial Wall this Memorial day and trash Kerry some more.

64yrs • M •
I am also a Vet. I very much agree. I've heard all the stories about Vietnam over and over, again and again. When I first joined the Navy, most of the crew aboard my first ship were Vietnam Vets, they couldn't survive in the civilian world. One in particular I remeber very well. He showed me a picture of his mother, he loved her very much. It was a news paper clipping of her volunteering to help other vets. He said, "I can't see her, she's scared of me, but then, why shouldn't she be, I almost killed her." She didn't understand and neither did he. Vietnam was a horrible thing, it messed up a lot of people. But especially now, we need to rehear those stories so that we don't do it again.

I agree that Kerry is playing the Vet/Vietnam/Hero card. My brother hates him. I was hoping that Clark would be more successful, he was the one I was rooting for. But the republican's have too much power and Bush is dangerous. So I'm voting for Kerry. But I agree with you, Kerry has some issues.

55yrs • M •
What drew you to Clark? He never caught my attention.

57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As dangerous as you seem to see Bush, Kerry seems more dangerous.
As Clinton was dnagerous, so is Kerry. Not a political thing for me, but more the clone Kerry is of Bubba.

Interesting post thanks for sharing. I have received countless emails uncovering the unscrupulous behavior of Kerry. This doesn't but SHOULD frighten even the liberals.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 64yrs • M •
I was a supporter of Desert Storm and Bush Sr. A lot of people didn't understand why he quite when did. Why he did not go into Iraq. Bush Sr. understood war, because he was there. Having been there he was not willing to easily commit us to war. While Clinton and his son have messed things up really bad, why, because they haven't been to war, and don't know nothing about it. If we are going to be at war. I want a president who has been there and knows what he is sacrificing.

Also, I'm an Environmentalist. I just recently read an article in Wired that talk about climate change. It's like a giant spring, we keep winding it tighter and tighter and we don't really see anything happening. Then the spring breaks. Today, we cannot efford to be goofing up the environment with war. We are taking chances with our childrens future. If I believed in God and I let this world go to hell by my own missmanagement. I would be afraid to meet God, surely he would be angry at what we had done with his creation.

64yrs • M •
Saddam is bad and so is communism, that's what got us in Vietnam. But you know, sometimes people turn ant hills into mountains and will struggle mightely with great force and think themselves so righteous for doing so, when all they had to do was step over. This is what Bush has done with Iraq with the help of a closely knit republican party backing him up. I'm not saying that replicanism is bad, its just too powerful at the moment, and there needs to be some restructuring. Mr. Istock here in Oklahoma; I have all the respect in the world for him and he's republican. I think if Carter were in office, I think he would have found a way to have Saddam step down, buy the Iraqi their freedom from such a dictator without the great cost of war and we would still have a good relationship with our Arab brethren. It would not have been perfect, but, this, is very far from perfect. Not one single american soldier should have died to "free Iraq". Because THAT IS NOT THEIR JOB. Its their job to protect you and me, that's what they signed up for, that's what they took an oath to do, that's what our tax dollars pay for. If you or anyone else believe that they should be in Iraq fighting to "free Iraq", then you should go and volunteer to do just that.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why are Kerry and Clinton dangerous?
Clinton was embarassing but not dangerous.
Kerry has yet to show what he's made of.
Bush has shown he's dangerous in that he made serious unilateral actions without the support of allies.
Why is Iraq so bloody? Its because the US does not have the resources or legitimacy to maintain law and order.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kerry has and still consorts with Vietnam.
His brother owns a corporation which stands to bring himself billions of dollars if trade is sanctioned with vietnam.
Meantime, he turned his back on the vet's who are MIA or POW.
Now, you tell me that is ok....etc etc

Clinton was educated in China during the time he should have been drafted, but he dodged that draft.
Much of his ideas (And how he burned the american flag) stemmed from communism. take HMO's for instance.
That was drawn up for america as a cheaper method of medicine. BUT in the original precepts of the HMO history he designated diabetes as an incurable disease, therefore should
NOT be covered...and another thing he tried to pass was the law governing children.
Children at age 7 could have a sexual partner without consent to parents.
Opening a door for pedophiles.

The list is huge. Needless to say, we had a Republican congress and senate, and therefore these bills did not go through, and the HMO's were made more person friendly, and disease friendly...but only if you didnt have a pre-existing condition.

NOW, we see just how bad this system is, and how much money it cost in the long run.

There are many many things you do NOT know, DT. And I cannot ask you trust me, because you won't.

Anyway, Kerry is deceptive. AT least Bush does things involved mostly in public. Nothing underhanded. With few choices he made I disagree with, he is the lesser of the 2 evils.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK, Clinton is not a commie. Commies don't exist anymore except in N. Korea.

Secondly, many of the ideas of communism aren't bad, it is the implementation of communism by most nations which has been terrible.

"Children at age 7 could have a sexual partner without consent to parents.
Opening a door for pedophiles. "
Really? I don't see the political logic behind that.. Is there a site which records this sort of stuff, just so I'm more informed?

"Anyway, Kerry is deceptive. AT least Bush does things involved mostly in public."
Mostly. Bush only uses the memory of 9/11 for propaganda purposes, he only lied (or was completely incompetent) about WMDs in Iraq not to mention dubious human rights infringements in Guantanamo (not to mention the deceptively titled Patriot Act and Cheney's links to Haliburton).
No, Bush is a politician, Kerry is a politician. I don't see how you can arbitrarily call the democrats more evil then the others.

"The list is huge. Needless to say, we had a Republican congress and senate, and therefore these bills did not go through, and the HMO's were made more person friendly, and disease friendly...but only if you didnt have a pre-existing condition.
NOW, we see just how bad this system is, and how much money it cost in the long run. "
This is not generally regarded as truth, this is just right wing opinion. Frankly, the US is fked up when it comes to health. I don't see how a rich man has a better right to health then a poor man.
But that's just my 'undoubtedly' left wing commie opinion.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
I'm a little confused about Kerry and Vietnam thing. Kerry went to Vietnam like many young men now are going to Iraq, believing that they are making acontribution to keep American free. Kerry is a slow learner. He did two tours in Vietnam. I won't descuss what Kerry may have done in Vietnam. But if Kerry does, why not, he was there. No body else on this whole earth has more of a right to talk about Vietnam then Kerry. Many Vietnam vets won't talk about it because they are ashamed. They are ashamed because when they came back, (we) the american people labeled them as baby killers. I'm getting off subject, but just giving you a picture. Kerry did learn (though slowly) that Vietnam was not good, so he then joined the peace protestors. A man who did all this will not support POWs or MIAs. and seek to profit off it. My brother who joined the air force just as Vietnam winded down hates Kerry very much, but I think even he thinks more honorably of Kerry then this. You just had to be there to know that, that is rediculas. My brother is not going to vote for Kerry, he's not going to vote for Bush either. He might vote for Nadar, or just not vote at all. My point to him, and he agreed. Kerry has seen war, and we are in war. Sounds like a sure bet to me.

64yrs • M •
Communism is just another form of government. It can be good or bad, that all depends on the leaders. Let us not be prejudice. Communism has had its successes and failures just like all other forms of government. In Iraq they have a communist party and its making headway. Must be because of our bad example.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy