Life is good once you know how to master the enigma, which is known as the Internet. - pepeje2k1
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cesspool of our youth

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cesspool of our youth
I had this posted on a different site...but hardly any replies. Hopefully I'll get some here.

What do you get when an old friend shows up in town with a full bag of zooms? A fucked up night of reflection and thought.

Tonight: Rez crawl: last rez party of the year.

After spending the entire night (or so I thought) chilling out and talking with a few friends in a room, I realize that its not even 10 pm yet. The party in the room gets shut down, and there is a wild stampede to another building of the Rez. I must admit, it was pretty sweet when I went to the bathroom and the walls turned pink and bowed in to me, like a vortex on every side. But when the sink tried to talk, I got back to the party.

Completly out of control. Upon pushing my way back into the room, we were greeted with 66's of rye and vodka being passed around. Then all of a sudden, WHAM. Lights go out..and thats when the fun really begins.

Girls came out of nowhere, wearing damn near as little clothing as possible, with black markers in their hands. Was it a competition to see who could get the most permanent marker on their skin? I am uncertain.

By the time you are old enought to leave home, you should have an idea of what you want to accomplish in your life, and your goal shouldn't be to waste as much money as possible and be as dirty as you can. Sadly, it seems like that is what the majority are striving for.

Guys - seriously, life isn't one big game of one-upmanship on your friends, seeing who can get the most ass. Try to find someone out there who you can actually talk to and not just get off with.

Girls - don't make yourselves seem so damn dirty! I mean, by dressing and acting the way that you all too often do, it presents a perception towards the guys that says "Hey, we're here for the taking."

A few good examples of this - my one friend has always been a huge player. Of course, one of my other friends had to fall in love with him, despite my recommendations that it would turn out horrible in the end. After they dated for almost a year, they both moved up here for school, and after a few months they broke up; the guy just didn't want to be tied down at all. Knowing this was going to eventually happen all along, I tried to tell the girl to just leave it go. However, for some reasons she just can't. Its been over 4 months since they have bene together, and every single time they're out in the same general vicinity they fight which eventually leads to her crying and him getting angry and breaking shit.

In retrospective, my other buddy was up here for the weekend, and we were talkin at the party when who do we see? His ex-girlfriend. All over some other guy. Seeing as the 2 (my friend and the girl) had never really broken up, it kind of bothered him. Eventually, she came up and said hi, but only stayed for a few minutes before going right back to the other guy. Some people just don't realize that their actions lead to reactions, in this case my friend being incredibly sad (x10 cuz of the z00ms) for the rest of the night.

Our youth cycles, for most people, around having a good time. A large percentage of the mass is just out there looking to get laid; the sentimental guys (and girls) seem to just get indelibly hurt. It leads to a lot of jading to people who actually think of the opposite gender as more than a piece of meat, when they are treated as one themselves.

There is at least two paths to every single thing that occurs in our lives; most things that happen (whether good or bad) to us are as a result of, in effect, luck. The person who cares may never meet that someone meant for them simply because they slept in one day and didn't get to school on time; they didn't go out for supper one night; or they somehow just so missed their oppurtunity. This brings up the whole fate argument..which im not gonna get into because this is way too long already.

By choosing one path and not the other, no matter the magnitude, the face of our lives are forever changed every day. By educating yourself to make the best possible decisions, hopefully it all works out in the end.

If you actually read this entire thing, its quite possible i jumped around or was very choppy in some parts. I guess what I'm saying, at the end of all this, is that IMO no substance that exapnds your capacity of thought is really a bad thing, as long as you're careful. Through an absurd amount of luck or chance, our lives shape up uniquely - good or bad.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a spiritual answer, but that would make this a religious discussion.
But we just say, the youth as they are becoming are out of hand.
And the forbidden fruit context of 'doing what you want' when you are free of parents will dissipate too.
Once you are free to pay your own bills, and make a living on your own, things change drastically.

As for teens of male or female, they are all fairly 'loose' in morals. Just marks the times.

Peace.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What are zooms?

I was talking with a friend the other day, she had resently gotten out of jail.
{Got drunk at the local tevern and drove someoneelses vehichle home, busted!} So she is staying with her ex's daughter. She rants & raves about how terrible it is that the girl smokes pot? I tell her that the girl's life consist of running around trying to make a living, just as she (does) did at that age. Just like she did, the girl does these things to find joy in living her lif,some relief from the mundane existence fostered by our society.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
zooms - mushrooms, hallucinogenic drug.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 72yrs • M •
Ah shroons! Ok that explains that.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm so what was the point? youth are stupid. we all just ride along and whatever happens happens eh? i have always wondered why kids have that "i am invincible" mentality, i never experienced it for myself for some reason. i dont like to preach or tell people what is right or wrong, but really, "lets all do shrooms and be jolly woo doo dee daa hey hey im expanding my mind, life is grand, yep im high as a kite" well, i guess it gets some people by, but i dont see how. it definately isnt for me anyway. who would take a drug that made you permanately happy and had no "negative" side effects? if we were always happy, we wouldnt appreciate being happy at all. if we "expanded our minds" fully, we would become bored. so kids, go do your drugs, find your happy little fake world, or better yet, get a lobotomy, itd cost less in the long run, and theres a far lower risk of hurting anyone else in the process.

--end rant--

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
It is my opinion that there is absolutly nothing wrong (except for the legality issue) of doing something that will expand your mind, if only for a short while, and expand your capacity for abstract thought (or perception on whats going on) to make you view something in a new light. Non-addictive substances of course. You can go places your mind could not go by itself, and nobody gets harmed in the process.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 40yrs • M •
meditation will get you there, it does take longer and a lot of practice, but you can go "deeper" with it then you can with any hallucinagen. i dont see anything wrong with the stuff either, just seems like a wussy way to go about it. once you do expand your mind, you obviously will want more and want to experience it more often... if thats not addiction i dont know what is. so i dont see how any of these drugs are or can be "non-addictive"

personally i want to find out as much as possible about this world on my own free will, without the help of any outside sources. (but of course youd have to believe in free will now wouldnt you )

to each their own i suppose.

38yrs • M •
fair enough.

I do it maybe once or twice a year, if i did it more often I;m sure the reaction would not be near the same.

Meditation would be intersting.....

And nice avatar.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 40yrs • M •
yours is great, very appropriate for the moment/discussion/mindset. at first glance i thought it was like some sort of molecular model or fungi that had been magnified... but then after staring for a bit, i found myself in the middle of a forest, looking up through the trees. guess we are kinda off topic now tho, sorry

38yrs • M •
It is actually a star at the beginning of supernova; however, when I uploaded it all of the red disappeared and i was left with a grey and black picture. It actually made it quite suiting, or so I thought

"www.starforsaken.com"
 40yrs • M •
lmao! and i thought i was irritated

i was going to add something about how toilets yelling at you isnt any sort of mind expansion... just a very confused and mistreated brain...

40yrs • M •
basically anything a person can latch themselves on to and stay interested in for a long period will do this to them. people generally do things for the purpose of making themselves feel happy, things like reading, playing video games, watching gazillions of movies/tv shows or even something like working out... they do it to become happy - quickly - and not to gain some sort of personal goal or way to better themselves. i am as guilty of doing this as anyone else, of course.

72yrs • M •
I agree with wyote about 'the party attitude, if you are 'partying all the time' it becomes the norm and not partying becomes act of 'the party' (ie. doing something for pleasure)
Decius would you be a genius by having read it or would it be to remember it but then you would need to comprehend it?
Perhaps kids are under so much pressure to assemilate such widely different areas of knowledge, they feel a deep subconcious need to let go of it, to get away from it all?

Cesspool? I remember going down to boyz town in olde mexico before going off to war. Went from bar to bar, drinking alternating shot of whiskey and mugs of beer.
I know I went there to get drunk , to see for far down the row I could get. Made it to the end & half way back again.
Not much of a reason for doing something so stupid, hell I don't even like to drink, let alone get drunk as a skunk but I did.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Cesspool of our youth
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy