Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Betrayal

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pubestic Zest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Betrayal
This is something that has affected my life in the last year or so. It is the worst feeling in the world and I could never understand what would drive someone to do such a thing. The magnitude of the act is irrelevant in my opinion, the fact that a conscious choice was made to perform such an act is the real reason I have such a negative reaction to it.

This has been the case until the last week or so when I found myself on the other side of the fence. At first I was unaware of my transgressions, but they became clear and apparent in time. Now, I have been afforded the luxury of open communication with those I have hurt so I have been able to learn quickly from my mistakes, and am in the process of repercussions.

My question is this, if an act such as this can go unnoticed by the offending party (I was very drunk) how does one approach the subject when the offender appears to be simply acting ignorant, or worse yet, proud of their act? I know that every case is different, but I'm sure many of you out there have had life experiences that you would like to share.

"Life is a dress rehersal for a play that will never go on..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that is pretty vague there, i may be able to produce more insight if you are willing to add more specifics about the situation. for now ill try and deal with what youve given...

it seems to me that betrayal is very often times produced by a persons ignorance. other times it may be that they are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. no one with "normal" psychological behavior wants to betray another human being.

as for answering your question directly, personally i would not confront the betrayer. if they appeared "proud" of their actions, i would not feel the need to waste any of my time with that person or that situation. but for any situation that i may feel the need to do so (for whatever reason) i always maintain the fact that being up front and honest is always the best policy, regardless of the circumstances.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OMG I just wrote a very good long ass response and LOST IT!!!!

Ill try again later.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evilia that happened to me too. It timed out on me.

Anyway, I know how you feel. If it is on the internet, get used to it. I learned a very hard lesson to NOT trust others. Even those you think you possibly cultivated a good friendship with.

If it is in your daily life circle of friends, well, time to communicate, and move on if it is NOT resolvable.

Best to you.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
Betrayal
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy