The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Inform or Obstruct?

User Thread
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Inform or Obstruct?
Yesterday (April 1st) at my high school two girls pulled a fire alar, causing the school to be evacuated for about 45 minutes in the middle of the day. The girls were apprehended.

During the next class, the alarm went off again, but this time the school was only evacuated for about 5 minutes. The Principal and Assistant Principal, heading the "investigation" do not yet know who is responsible.

After that second evacuation, a good friend of mine who I would rather not lose told me who did it. He sounded sure and had just been talking to the person. He told me to tell no one.

Today, (April 2nd) a semi-friend of mine told me he was being accused of that second alarm-pulling. He's been in trouble before and the police officer who questioned him said he would tell his probation officer about this if this semi-friend couldn't come up with something proving his innocence within a week. After he told me all this, I said I think I knew who pulled the second alarm, to back him up in a way, yet I can't tell him because my good friend has trust in me.

So I'm not sure what to do. I don't want my troubled friend to get into more trouble for something he probably didn't do, but I also don't want to lose the trust between my good friend and I.

I considered telling the Assistant Principal that I know my friend is innocent because I know the real person responsible, but I can't tell him who that person is. The problem with that is that I'm afraid the Asst. Principal may feel forced to interrogate me, or, worse, accuse me of pulling the alarm.

What do I do?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
id say, talk to that good friend of yours and see if theyll go tell the asst principal or whoever whatever he knows. maybe offer to go with him, if the two of you go together and inform the faculty of your knowledge then you wont lose trust in that friend, and at the same time youll help get your other friend out of trouble.

or you could just wait it out, i doubt they will be able to do anything to that friend of yours anyway if he was in no way involved. if there is no evidence then they cant do shit... right?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's not really how it works at my school. If you've been in trouble before, you have the stigma of being a bad kid and everyone blames for the next bad thing that happens. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Inform or Obstruct?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy