Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I wish i were dumb

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wish i were dumb
Sometimes i wish i could just stop thinking. All day all night my mind works like a slave laborer on overtime. I have so many ideas, so many things i want to discover. I want to be dumb sometimes and not have a care in the world. just to accept things for what they are. But i know if i stop thinking i will be giving up my being, my inner essence, my soul to the greedy people out there. Plus i really want to know why the hell are we here?

Does anyone else feel this way?

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes indeed I have felt this way roo. I guess if was within you to blindly wxcept your role and how life is defined as it is handed to you - you may be a whole lot happier. So maybe questioning the way of things is folly. Maybe that is why freedom of expression and mass education was unheard of in previous times maybe it is for the best- maybe we need protection from ouselves

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
argh, the more you understand(or think you understand) about the universe the more bleak and lonely it seems to become. at least, that's my experience. what do they call that, a faustic spirit-somone who thirsts continually for knowledge but can never find any true happiness in it? the more you know, the more you want to know, and no one can know everything. so, if that is the curse of the intelligent person, then it sounds pretty depressing. i think i just have a negative outlook on life.

"You are reading this."
I wish i were dumb
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy