Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Just Religion - Page 3

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, I can think of many examples of people being bad and calling it righteous in the name of their god. But I have also seen some very possitive things as well. Like alcoholics who have gone straight.

I don't understand people who don't believe in God, I just can't fathom it. And when I was young I believed that everybody is supposed to be like me. Now that I am older I know that nobody is like me, thats the way it is supposed to be. So I don't try to make people see things like me, I just share what I do see with others and leave it at that.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right ! cturtle
for people do not understand God they make Up thier own God
thats why it is important to read the Bible so as not to be lead
by fake preachers and christians

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"
2 Timothy 2:15

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 64yrs • M •
We've been here before - how do you know the bible is not a lie? Ok, I believe the bible, but I don't take it literaly. People who have, have killed and maimed because the bible told them to. Have you cut off your right hand. It would be better to do this than to be cast away, or are you with out blemish.

We either make up our own religion or we follow some one elses. A lie is what you believe to be a lie and a truth is what you have excepted as such.

When you make stuff up and call it the word of God, now you have lied. The bible will not save from this. Whether you are the one lied to or the one telling the lie. Often times the scriptures are used to support this lie.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hm . . . not sure what you are saying?
GOD's Righteousness (Love) by which all are judged?
quote:
When you make stuff up and call it the word of God,
then you have lied, often times using scriptures to support the lie.

Jesus never taught the taking of goods let alone life,
I think living the life is the way which he spoke.
Sad truth we have to face so the question becomes
'whose judgement' shall judge us? (by our own)
As the fruit of our works bear witness to our doings?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
I think you have to listen to and trust that inner voice. Not everyone is able to do this, but I think most can but don't, either because they won't or don't know how. We're to busy listening to what the TV tells us, or just following along to be socially excepted without thought or question.

That's why I like computers. Computers require an input. It is the one piece of technical jargon that just might save us from ourselves. It requires us to think.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Computers require an input. It requires us to think.
I believe that computers could be a good asset
but to much of anything can be harmful.
A balance between physical & mental & the spiritual being

64yrs • M •
You have to stop computering and go outside and fellowship with nature regularly. Luckily I can do this. For those who cannot, I hope they have a computer and not just a TV.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like okcitykid's comments about exploring nature. That, among many other methods is where we find God.

If we take all of the holy and spiritual textx ever written from every belief that ever existed and highlighted everything that they all said in common, that's the true word of God. It's the parts say 'we're right and you're wrong' that cause confusion.

Whether we call it God, Goddess, Allah, Universe, Creator, Creation or one of the many other terms we use...

Whether our messenger is Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Jehovah, Mohammed or one of the many other messiahs...

The foundation of all of it is the same. LOVE LOVE LOVE

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
[  Edited by thoughtmanifest at   ]
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cturtle raised a very good point regarding judgement. No force in the universe is capable of judement because judgement is a degenerative or dark entity. And as far as judging ourselves, I find that to be a waste of energy because it often leads to guilt or shame. cturtle your quote says it all, we're not perfect, no one is; so feeling guilty or having regret regarding something we've done is futile. We can accept ourselves and those around us for our 'mistakes' and do our best to stay on the path which our soul knows is right.

As far as 'judgement day', I believe that it is up to us as individuals whether or not we transcend. In order to transcend we will have to be vibrating at a frequency that is close to the universal frequency, a frequency of love. How much love (through the many manifestations available to us) we process determines our potency. Only Creation knows where the line will be drawn in terms of how high our vibration is going to have to be. The energy of those whose frequency is too low to withstand being united with the universal frequency (it's like right now – if any one of us was suddenly exposed to pure God, or whatever you call it, energy – our systems would not be able to withstand it, we would spontaneously combust), will be transformed into something that the new world can use, for example from the perspective of our life on earth, perhaps a tree or a river. So really no one will be 'punished' or 'suffer eternally' because of anything they've done. We've all done something.

72yrs • M •
I agree, it will be like falling into the sun, the Pure energy of it consuming the flesh (physical) as it fills our spiritual being.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" No force in the universe is capable of judement because judgement is a degenerative or dark entity."
What a load of pseudo-philosophical new-age ****.

The universe is not capable of judgement because only life is capable of judgement. If the entire universe were alive, it could perhaps judge.

"I believe that it is up to us as individuals whether or not we transcend. In order to transcend we will have to be vibrating at a frequency that is close to the universal frequency, a frequency of love."
Where do you come up with this stuff? It sounds like technobabble, the sort of stuff scientists spout. And yet its just so arbitrary and metaphorical that it is again, uninformative. As if the universe were itself full of such a human notion as love.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
Why do you think love is just a human notion? And... is there not other life forms in the universe outside of human beings?

37yrs • M •
Fine, not human, animal. Love is a notion of certain types of life. Not the universe, the universe has hurt enough people to make it clear.

50yrs • F •
I don't think the universe hurts people. I think people hurt people. But if you believe the universe is capable of hurting, isn't it then also capable of loving?

37yrs • M •
The universe hurts people through disease, hurricances, volcanoes, earthquakes, droughts and floods.

That doesn't mean the universe hates us though, it doesn't mean the universe can love us either. It doesn't mean the universe can have any emotion whatsoever.

In fact it doesn't mean anything apart from the simple fact that the universe hurts people. She does not do it on purpose, the universe HAS NO WILL. At least as far as we know.

A Just Religion - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy