The difference between McHollywood and McDonalds: McHollywood is big on recycling. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Letting Go

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Letting Go
Our oldest son turned 15 today, and now he can drive. Although that didn't seem to be the worst thing to happen in any parents life, right? Well he has been dating this girl for about a month now, and they are getting close. He took his girlfriend and son out for dinner as kinda a little family. It is hard watching him grow up but I know that I have to let go at sometime. It is not only hard watching him grow up but the fact that my Grandson has become very fond of the girl he is dating. Fortunately, she will come over just to spend time with my Grandson, even when our son isn't home.

I couldn't ask for a better person in either one of their lives, but I have been the important female in both of their lives and feel jealous. Is this normal or should I just let things fall where they may?

Help, I am confused and not ready for this in my life.

Thanks

Lynn

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jealousy is bad- very bad- it can be very destructive indeed somtimes the roles we play in peoples lives are smaller than we hope for- but mother and grand mother are very big- avoid the evil stepmother role if you can- a wedge between you and her could grow to be wedge between you and him. Remeber your on the same team.

If I may say your like the youngest Grandmother I have ever heard of at 31

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 51yrs • F •
Fortunately, evil step mother isn't anything I have to worry about. I am the mother and Grandmother.

Thanks, and yes I am a very young Grandmother. I love it though. I wouldn't take anything for him at all. I have pictures galore on my walls of him, his dad and his dad's girlfriend.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh
so the girl in question is your son's father's lady
not your son's lady?

I see that is a bit different

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 51yrs • F •
Okay lets see if I can clear this up LOL

The girl is my SONS girlfriend. I am trying to figure out how that would in anyway make me a evil step-mother.

If you get a chance re-read the thread in General : FRIENDS OR SO I THOUGHT?

I like your responses and would like to here that one. If you want any futher explanation on the matter I would be more than Happy to supply you with that information if it isn't already getting shared..

Lynn

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think your being jealous is nothing to worry about, as long as you dont go overboard. you will always be a part of your son and grandsons life. seeing as i am not even an uncle, i cant even begin to fathom the situation but i dont think you should feel bad for being jealous, just dont let it consume you!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Letting Go
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy