Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Favorite Donuts or Pastries

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Allright folks lets lay it on the line- what is your favorite donut and why? What do you thing your favorite donut or pastry tells the world about your personality?

My favorite- Vanilla slices or sometimes called Vienna Slices ( you can but these at good bakeries) the pastry with the wavy pink top, the cream and pudding in the middle- the one with the flaky crust- the one that is delicious you want to throw your self to your knees and thank the Lord that you still have teeth!
man I could eat these 'till I puke they are awesome! What does this say about me- that I am willing to indulge and that the slopiness of these pastries parralell my own slovenly nature.

So tell me about your donut or pastry fetishes!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I absolutley love those Vanilla Slices!!! Especially when the custard in the middle starts to fall out towards the end making you eat it even faster?~!!!
Its not my no.1 fav though, I would have to say a cream and jam filled eclair made from doughnut material and has icing on it you can get these from Doughnut King, its not an eclair its a long doughnut type thingy..... I dont know what it says about me? What do you think?

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
I see your point- perhaps these sweets are a stand in for other needs, perhaps my donut fetish is my subconcious need for sexual gratification- that is possible. Perhaps the Vanilla slice is a subconcious vulvic symbol? They are indeed very sensual to eat especially if your sharing.

Sadly there is no Donut king near me perhaps there are non in Canada at all. Here we have Robin's donuts and Tim Hortons Donuts botrh are pretty good but the best come from the grocery stores like IGA and Safeway while Save on Foods (overweighty) are terrible! ( to me they do not qualify as donuts- they are only baked goods)

Another great pastry is the the glazed cersaunt! Yum Yum! And another favorite is Banana Bread- man that stuff is incredible!

Daisygirl- being a donut expert and having taken a Psychology class i would have to interpret your donut choice as follows-
That you have a secret yearning for the donut king!

43yrs • F •
OoooAAwww Me God!!! You found me out?!! I do really have a yearning for Mr Donut King and his big donuts!
Nah just joking I havent had a donut for about 6months I think I feel like one now all this talk about sweet yummie cakes.
Oh how I could go for one now.
I might just nip around the shops for one, or two or three

My fav round donuts are pink icing ones, whats yours?

52yrs • M •
I love the pink icing ones to! it has been like 10 years since I had one- And I have the most bizzare story about that I was in this pottery studio that was always empty at college and I saw this donut box in the garbage It looked like some people had a party- I was curious and opened the box low a nd behold a donut with pink icing on it- After a thourogh inspection it seemed fine indeed, and fine it was! The pizza was not bad either! A fantastic unexpected free meal!
Sadly there are no pink icing donuts to be found in my locale- they must be banned or something- or there is some national shortage. I like plain glazed as well.

And don't forget to take the donut survey- in the polls area!

43yrs • F •
Thats wierd that you no longer can get pink iced donuts? Us FAT Aussies can get them day and night anywhere

I usually like the ones that have sprinkles on them too, what survey is this where is it?

52yrs • M •
I think sprinkles are somewhat of a distraction on donuts- Maybe I am too much into old school donuts. Polls are at the top of the page by the Captain Cynic logo click on that and the fun will begin! well mild amusement at least.

43yrs • F •
Distraction smaction, the more sugar the bettah!! Thats what I reckon!! Havent done the survey yet Ill get around to it soonish.
Hey whats your favourite icecream flavour I bet its not the same as mine? Mine is Cookies n' Cream I could eat this stuff till it comes out of me pores.

52yrs • M •
Cookies and cream- sounds fair It is good indeed- My favorite is either mint chocolate chip or Turtles ( an ice cream based on the chocolates) yum yum! One day I cut myself shaving and caramel came out- i was thankfull a leftover half donut was by the sink so I could mop it up and not let it go to waste....

43yrs • F •
Ok? I R Me are you on drugs or what? Please explain your last post the bit about the caramel coming out of you cut?!!!

52yrs • M •
My blood has such a high sugar content it is much like caramel- They really thought I was trying to pull a fastone down at the blood doner clinic the other day. They refused my donation so I went home and did some baking. I apologize the talk of caramel like blood may be more disturbing than I had origionally thought.

52yrs • M •
Lately I have developed an affinity for those little powdered white donuts! Man those are good but they make a mess- (best eaten outdoors with a wind comming from the same side you are handed ie your right handed the wind must be from your right)
Quite tasty indeed!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy