Guys are like stars, there are a million of them out there and only one will make your wish come true. - ashleydepp737
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Happy in heaven... alone?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
Colin297 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey all firstly id like to say im lookin forward to posting here regularly, from what ive read so far you all seem like delightful people!

my question is.. assuming there is a heaven:

Can you be happy in heaven if everyone you love(d) on earth (ie. family and friends) arent there... (ie- if someone has went to hell!)

"One\'s too many and a thousands not enough"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Welcome to UG Colin, Its always good having new users here to keep things interesting.

As for your question.......

I would not be happy, I need certain people in my life/afterlife. If they are not there I would walk right up to god and punch him.

1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
also if I may add....if someone was depending on you back here on earth, how could you be happy living it up in heaven?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
He wouldn't depend on anyone. He would have found out that things that were of value in his previous life are not irrevalant

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 45yrs • F •
THE DUDE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If someone you love is in Hell, they obviously did some very bad things. you would probably realise that you didn't truly love a person that bad because in my opinion, you would have to be very bad to go to hell

"I WILL DEBATE!!!"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Can you be happy in Heaven? of course you can-
Heaven exsists only for the living and it is important to them to know you will be happy in the 'afterlife' it makes there exsistence that much easier to bare. So just tell them you will be happy and they will be happy that is all that is required.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 38yrs • M •
Colin297 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
who here genuinely believes there is a heaven? despite my question i must admit that my faith sways on this belief more often than not!

"One\'s too many and a thousands not enough"
 41yrs • M •
NevaEndinThinkr is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well i would like to say finally i have found something interesting to do on the internet cus i have done nearly everything else being atechnician and addicted.

Anyway i would like to say that i will be happy in heaven dont matter who there cus if they didnt deserve to be then they didnt deserve me depending on them for happiness.

thats my opinion

"Nothing\\\'s Impossible, It Just Hasn\\\'t Been Done Yet"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Like Decius - I believe heaven is being a part of a greater whole and I don't believe in hell either,

or going to hell simply means, that's it, its over, you are actually no more, you can't suffer if you are not.

Becoming a part of that greater whole I don't think happens in one life time, in the meantime, we are reincarnated and do not remember the past. Some however are haunted by memories of the past. It is not certain if this is their actual past life or past lives of shadows left behind by others according to the Kahuna religion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • F •
eyesclosed is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Has everyone seen the movie What Dreams May Come? Well, I got the impression from that movie that heaven is what you make it to be. Robin Williams's (in the movie) heaven was his wife's painting. His kids got to be whoever they wanted to be when they were in their "heaven." His wife committed suicide, and he had a chance to go and save her from the suffering & hell that she had to live in. Then they got the choice to be reborn or just live in their heaven.

That's what I've always believed in when it comes to heaven. So if you make your heaven, how could you not be happy?

"Don't be afraid to care."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Strongclad is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My take on the matter is this. If you believe in Heaven, you must assume there is a god, a creator if Heaven. And why would God let you into Heaven? Where do you get your idea of Heaven from? And, is it possible that you just made it up?

If you go to Heaven when you die, I would figure that God has this ordeal with suffering all worked out. Or, at least he allows it for some reason which we don't understand, one that he hasn't revealed to us.

But that's not what I think. I believe Heaven is a place where there is no suffering. So there would be no reason to fret knowing the possibility that your family or friends went to Hell. All I know is that it will be far better than we can understand or imagine. I take my view from the Bible by the way. I don't know about anyone else, but I need to see or hear something that claims the truth, before I can actually believe it.

"All statements are false. The last statement is false.--One of these statements is true."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bible, in different passages, explains this event in as much detail as a human mind can understand heaven. 1.basically, god is the creator of all
2.because he created us we are infinitely inferior to him and thus our ties on earth are only that: ties on earth
3.so when we get to heaven we won't remember our friends and family in any human ways. all we will know is god and hs love. thus eternal bliss in heaven.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 44yrs • F •
utterlyconfused is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The bible does state all of those things but God is made out to be this great superior being, so assuming there is one & this is the one that does exist, if you truly love someone then wouldn't he want you to be happy with the people you love most? I recently lost my grandfather & I know if my grandma knew when she got to heaven & still wouldn't be able to see him she would never feel at all better. Don't get me wrong, she will never be completly healed, but believing, or at least hoping, that he is looking down on her & that she will be able to see & recognize him again in heaven will help her get over it. So many people, I'm sure, feel the same way as my grandmother so shouldn't God want them to be happy? Anyways, that's my opinion, but to tell you the truth I'm not even sure if I believe it...

"When life gives you lemons, I say grab the tequilla!"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remember a saying:

'true love never dies'.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ultimately it doesn't matter if heaven exists or not, if rebirth exists or not, what matters is how does that beleif effects us. If beleiving in heaven/hell or rebirth makes you a better person, then so be it, as ultimately no one can know what death is. But one thing is for sure perhaps, there is no such thing as being 'non existant', even after death

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy