Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Self Creationism

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
TwistedLago is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Self Creationism
Is it possible? Maybe humanity is just one big loop. Perhaps God or evolution didn't actually create us.

Maybe we created ourselves. I know, what the heck am I talking about? I came up with this theory after some hard thinking. It made my brain hurt. Heh. It's an interesting concept, and disturbing at that, but I don't think I actually believe in it though I pondered it.
I created the theory to tie into a modern fantasy novella I'm writing that involves the creation of vampires, werewolves, ghosts, demons, and witches. I'll ignore the monster aspects and not confuse you more.
Maybe our existance is just one big memory of what has already happened. Perhaps when we dream, and see ourselves in a tweaked version of our world, doing impossible things at times, we're creating dimensions of existances. Every person has this universe of their own that their subconscious creates. We're not aware we are controlling it, but we're like "God's" of our own universe. We're just not advanced enough to comprehend and take control of our dreams on a conscious level. The mind works and fires off these images, fixing problems with itself. And every dream universe has its own people, who also dream and create their own universes...which can be very similar at times, or very odd. Think of the strangest dream you've had. In effect, all existance is just a giant loop of dreaming. We're dreaming about our lives, and our lives are created in these dreams...and yet our lives are just the creation of what we're dreaming about in another existance. One big loop. Confusing, no? Comments?

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
confusing, my friend, very confusing
but i don't know about dreams, you say it's like we're gods in our own world but what about other people that we interact with ? in my understanding they are the ones controlling my dreams b/c most of my dreams ( i don't remember that many of them but i'll base it on the ones i do remember ) resolve around my friends or just people that i know or have met i don't think there is a way of controlling them . like i'll still dream kind of about what happens in real life ....
do you see what i'm trying to say ?

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 35yrs • F •
eyesclosed is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i'm new.. my name is mary.. that's all you really need to know. but here's what i think about your theory.

i think it's quite possible, but there has to be a beginning to everything.. are you saying that we are just dream bodies? are you say that we aren't real.. and we're just characters in someone else's dream? who are the first beings then? how were they created?

"Don't be afraid to care."
 41yrs • M •
zerokool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
how can such a theory be true because if we were in control of our life how come we are not the best at what we do, or rich, and have nothing but good stuff happen to us. ill give you a theory we are ANIMALS nothing less nothing more. But it would be a great story line for a book.

37yrs • M •
TwistedLago is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yes, well I agree with all of you. You see. The people in your dreams that you see in your own life exist in another existence. There may be multiple versions of you...different or same. We can't control what happens in our conscience mind, but in the dream world, our dream self may seem to be invincible at times. But perhaps in some universe we're just another dream person they have met in real life.

41yrs • M •
zerokool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If we don't have any control of what happens in our conscience mind, I believe it is a possible theory, and the best I have herd since The Matrix.

How did you come up with the first ideas of this?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have pondered upon this once myself, but never considering the dream world.

Great Science Fiction - Something to Think About.

Jesus called us gods while explaining us to the Pharasees who were lost in their own delusion. Jesus who raised one from the dead said, these and greater shall you do. I believe we have not even come close to knowing our true potental, but there is still one original creator, and we are its children growing up (that's what I think)

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
I first came up with this idea by watching the Matrix actually. I'm a big fan and I love the use of trenchcoats in cinema. I started thinking how vampires and the like could scientifically exist. And it went from there and I just kept thinking in my head...analyzing it and tinkering with all possibilities. And here we are. Heh.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Crazy theory and a nice hat too!
I had an equally crazy thought some time ago- sort of on the same lines. That the world is some sort of simulation and that we are actually beings from another world who have created this in order to reserch how humans lived- as humanity ceased to exsist some time ago and this simulation is provides us with apicture of how things were or preceived to be and nothing makes sence because it is only a simulation it's kind of a crappy program say like windows ME or something like that. As far as loop goes who knows- maybe when the LORD gets angry he hits the apocolyps reset button.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Franlky I R Me, this idea is better then the matrix!
Imyself had a idea bout a year ago, in which there was no God and man created himself!Like the loop talked about by twisted, but the dreamthingy is probably best suited for science fiction.

U must have heard about the O time loop.Well, maybe there was no beggining to mankind!(God is also a time loop, i.e withought begg an end.). However,if mankind has existed for infinite, meaning the universe has existed for infinite, this means that there shouldmbe an infinite amount oof time before any event! Neverthless, it is thought by many that mankind reached the peak of civilisation, and then by some disastor went back to the bottomof the ladder. So it is not an absolute fact that mankind indeed did originate at the time scientists say so.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have heard it said that there is nothing new under the Sun.
quote:
Maybe our existance is just one big memory of what has already happened. Perhaps when we dream, and see ourselves in a tweaked version of our world, doing impossible things at times, we're creating dimensions of existances.
Hmm . . . Lets see God is really computer which operates an incubator. The dreamers are the souls immersed in solution (like the womb), the world is a wierd combination viral reality and dream which gives the form to our reality. We have the ability to make choices (interactive program) but as we all share the virtual reality we have effect on each others lifes which are programed to teach us the lesson we need to be born as Gods. Is that about right?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 41yrs • M •
drunkbynoon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
yea, this whole idea completly makes sense, listen, im sure the person who wrought this, was really high at the time. right now, i am thinking that everything, even the entire systerm you just mentioned, is only another area, or part of what exsists. i dont know if you have every heard of the string theory, but it may support yours, and its prity interesting. - im hammered bitch, peace

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a theory much like the afore mentioned, thought exists on a different plane of reality when you really imagine/think about something it actual comes into existence religiously speaking if God thought about creating man then we possibly exist in a thought, furthermore the bible says blind faith will allow you to move mountains
So if you had no conscious/subconscious doubt that we exist in a thought you could manipulate that thought around you. Manifest objects etc....

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In returning to this thread, I reread sections and what struck me was a different line of thought. In a very real fashion we choose what we accept & that which we find to be worthy of striving for so in sense we are gods of our own creation, our being?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 41yrs • M •
drunkbynoon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well idk, this whole thing is way too farfetched, and theres absolutly no supporting evidence, its just an idea. but then again, iv thought of some weird stuff too, and it marks the sign of a good thinker. the whole idea of dreams existing in dreams in a cyclic pattern, i think thats what u said but i dont even remember the whole damn thing, its very interesting and i swear i used to think of the exact same basic idea, except it could be with anything, not only dreams. i actually thought that maybe earth is only a microscopic cell in a living being, and all of the planets and stars work together as the beings body, and that this being exists on another planet, that is the cell of another being and so on. this idea of course is not accurate, and it just came out of me being bored off my ass one day, and i have many more. but of course dont get off your ass about it, ihe chances of it actuallt being even semi-true, are basically impossible. like i said before if you want to hear some twisted ideas listen to the string theory. its a really cool idea, and its almost mathematically proven. but there are many more out there. best advice, if your into this, take philosophy. you learn some twisted shit in that class. you know i just thought of something, if we are indeed dreams, is that supposed to mean that we have the power to defy natural laws and stuff, like in the matrix? cause if we are dreams, than there would be no basic fundamentals of life, would there? im just curious to hear more about this, its starting to sound to much like a matrix rip-off theory.

Self Creationism
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy