Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Friends, or so you thought

User Thread
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You see I had these friends that I trusted with my life, but come to find out they just used me to get what they wanted. How do I deal with this?? It is harder for me because there is a baby involved, and I am not aloud to contact him or to even know how he is doing. I am just a little frusterated and was wondering if any of you out there could help me get through this hard time.

SJMF

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well I wouldn't say our situation is similar but I did have a friend screw me over royally a little while ago.

By no means am I saying what I am about to tell you is the right thing to do or not but................

I said fuck them. Completely drop them from your life and let everyone you know and they know why they are not in your life anymore.

Who knows if that is right, who gives them the right to say what you have done is right or not.

I don't think I answered your question at all but...you know.

40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not really Firebird, and as soon as I get my son back there will be nothing more to say to them. They will have no contact for me or my son, and they will be the one's losing out.

SJ

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i went through a situation with the same words, but probably a completely different scenario, if that makes sense....i got screwed over by my so called friends who were just using me for everything they could get! Then i woke up and realised, and i've been doing exactly the same to them ever since. The only reson i do is becasue one of my friends has a 2 yer old son and is living in a reuge....and she neglects him....i just wanna make sure he's okay......

i don't really have any advice, but when i was screwed over by people in the past, i'd just take it and sulk...not i get even and actually prove to people i'm not somebody who can be shit all over. Basically take a stand and sort em out....

"my name says it all!"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are you sure these "friends" weren't trying to help you? Did they get betrayed somehow? Is there any other extenuating circumstances involved? I can't blame you "I" would have nothing more to say either, besides bye. Do you think your chances of getting your son back are good?

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One thing I have learned in life is that it is dangerous to trust- I am a terrible pessimist (the glass is less than half empty and evaporating quickly) I know anyone can go from someone sweet and loving to treacherous in the blink of an eye and find some way to justify it. i am sorry to hear of your situation and I hope you can resolve it.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your situation at the moment will get less hurtfull in time concering the so called "FRIENDS", but losing your son is a different ball game alltogether.
Ive been f%$*d over in my younger years and everytime it happened I became less and less confident in others and there trustworthy in them.
Im abit reserved etc and I come across as a snob, and it takes ages to actually befriend me because its so hard to trust people and I know you just dont want to get hurt again.

I hope your son is returned to you safely and in your arms soon, and that the people who stuffed u over will get whats coming to them.
Soon you will have someone come to you and enter your life, this person will make you see things differently and you'll have what you want and be happy.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess we do become a bit jaded over time but also I must confess to becoming a better judge of character as well over time. Like Firebird's point I agree that if someone betrays you it is best not to beat yourself up over it and move onto resolving the situation. It is sad to when we realize that in order to befreind someone there is a huge interpersonal history to deal with.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy