if somebody thinks they are a hedgehog presumably you give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out themselves. - Douglas Adamas
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Love Vs Friendship

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love Vs Friendship
i dont think there is a thread exactly like this one yet. to get everyone on the same page here... the way i see it is that the person i marry and have a family with and all of that should be first and for most my best friend. this type of thinking got me through life up until recently. many times i end up as just "the friend" of females that i may be "persuing" as it were. dont get me wrong, i love having female friends, but i guess im having trouble figuring out when its ok to cross the "friendship" boundary... or starting off relationships in a romantic mannor. im not a club person and im not the type to just hook up with random women so im sort of at a loss for what to do in finding that special someone. i hope somebody on here understands what im talking about and has some advice

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
stella_hond is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
uhhhhhhhhh, poor u

u just need to find u a lady who is more then willing cross that boundry too. let me let u in on a secret about ladies, most of are old fashion yes, most of us wan the guys to make the first move, cause we don't want to be called slets. so when a lady tells u she just want to be friends, all u have to do is to suprise her with some romantic dinner and try to look more sexy. try as much as possible to spoil her, nothing expensieve tho! but just the little things like; conplements, flowers, candy, calling her when u she is alone and just let her know that ur thinking of her and she can depend on u and please don't look down on urself a lot of ladies want a guy with confidence. try that and if it works, let me know

"life is about musik"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
stella is right
only it works if you alredy know they want to be more than friends .. if they don't you just make them feel bad by doing all these nice cute little things to them ....
plus i know that wyote is good at that, if he likes someone he'll be nice and caring and everything ....
so wiley i understand you and well i really can't help you with crossing the line .... i guess you feel when it's time to do that and well you might need just a little bit more self confidence.
i know it's not the best advice but that's all i have
and one more thing - don't you ever try blaming yourself if i'ts not working out !

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think I'm in the same boat as Wyote. And like you said MiA, "only it works if you alredy know they want to be more than friends ", only that's nigh impossible for me to ever know

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
yea DT, that seems to be the main problem that arises.

37yrs • F •
oh c'mon guys ! everyone finds someone .....
and well girls are kinda stupid and they go for the nice and tanned " beach boys" in one of those puka necklaces ! lol
that's their stupidity and well i mean if the girl is like that why the fuck would you wanna be with her anyway.....

40yrs • M •
LOL! i dont even waste my time on women like that Mia, and guys are just as guilty of being shallow like that. the problem is, i find somebody, become very close to them, do everything i can in showing how much i love and care for them, but then question their feelings toward me. i try to remain confident and not doubt my feelings or hers, i just find myself feeling like im giving more and getting less as time goes on.

37yrs • F •
yeah ..... and well that's when you know it won't work out because it never works if someone loves more ..... so i don't know what to tell you - just make sure you don't do anything stupid

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have noticed that no matter who it is when the time is right both parties will know that it's time to move to the next step or to back off. Keep your chin up and keep looking, you will know when you find that special someone who gives as much as she takes.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • M •
awesome advice Em, easier said than done tho but ill work on it

Love Vs Friendship
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy