Wars are not won by dying for one's country, they are won by making the other poor bastard die for his country - tanker
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Tickets

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tickets
Have you ever stood on the side of a freeway? Man it's scary. Cars and trucks whipping by at a million miles an hour. On the right shoulder. Yet everyday on our highways, a police officer stands not on the right where I am but on the shoulder of the passing lane jumping out in front of traffic, flagging them down because their buddy caught someone on the radar a little way up the road. What are they crazy? Every year some poor police officer buys the farm because his butt gets stuck out in the wrong lane and he gets whacked. For what? Getting somebody for going 20k over the limit? If you're going 20k over the limit on our highways, you're barely keeping up; you're not causing any danger. What is causing the danger is the police officer. You're driving along, see a bush of cops in the centre lane, you hammer on your breaks so you don't get nailed, you cause a twelve-car pile-up up the road. This is safety? I don't think so.

So who's telling them to do this? It's crazy. What we need is intelligent speed limits to begin with and more intelligent enforcement of those speed limits. By the way, this whole program is another reason you should be driving in the right lane: the cops are always looking for speeders in the left lane.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe we should have different speed limits in different lanes ? like a 15 mile higher limit in the left lane, than in the right ? btw i ususally see them on the right side around here .....

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 45yrs • M •
If there was a differnce like tat between lanes, some fool would pull out from the slower lane into the faster lane forgetting about the speed diffrence and someone flying along would ram them.

37yrs • F •
but there is a speed difference in lanes anyway .....

45yrs • M •
True enough mia, there are many ways too look at your idea.

37yrs • F •
oh i know
i'm not saying that this is the best plan ever .... i'm sure it's gonna cause a shitload of problems too , because if it would already be in use if it didn't cause any problems at all.
another idea is to have a senior citizens lane lol

Tickets
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy