Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Birth of a new engine

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Birth of a new engine

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fricken incredible. Did you read the part about six power strokes per revolution? Wholly crap.

One of the most interesting things that I found was that it "can be four-stroke, two-stroke, petrol, diesel or gas, natural or forced aspiration" that just blows my mind.
Reminds me of a rotary (Wankel) engine.

Also very impressive is "Maximum mechanical advantage can be applied to output shaft at only 10 degrees ATDC", especially noting that standard Internal Combustion design engines are around 40 degrees ATDC.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • M •
You know it actually sucks that these people would spend sooo much time and money into something like this and you know that the world will not accept it and will not be widely used.

No matter how effcient it will be, you know why?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oil industry? hmm....

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 57yrs • M •
CHOOKIE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

Don't count on it folks.

A couple of quotes from the site:
"The Company now has a Joint Venture Agreement with Osman to produce engines in China in the near future."

"Rewaco's signed a Memorandum of Understanding with REVETEC Limited for the supply of approximately 5,000 to 10,000 85hp engines per year."

I know there are other parties interested.......so stay tuned.

The company is not really interested in ANY PARTY buying them out as they know the potential of the engine in years to come.

44yrs • F •
fastandfurious is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
All this talk is interesting however my dear friends however I have some concerns about this new technology.

First of all, please tell what major advantage it has over Turbo Diesel engines which are currently so widely adapted. They offer mor epower, equivalent fuel effeciency and are used by all manufacturers therefore why would they bother taking up this technology??? Perhaps it will have a weight advantage, but all this talk about mechanical advanatge is didly squopt when at the end of teh day its: power, torque and fuel economy. What is the C02 emission figures etc like on this engine?

Also, This Sydney Rooster fellow talks about Osman? Who the hell are they. I did a quick search and found out that they make freakin textiles, is that a serious player. As for Rewaco, you are talkin about minor volumes here... this is not the birth of a new engine... it is a bit of a joke. New technology is hybrid, the end of the standard engine is upon us. Whoever develope dthis idea is way too slow and has developed an idea which offers too little too late.

My thinking is that to be half serious the mechanic who designed the Revetec engine should start building a hybrid engine, it is the only chance that this engine will have to play a serious part in engine technology. No offence but 4 litres per 100km, and 300NM of torque aint that impressive when you look at the specs of some diesel engines and some of the powerful Hybrid engines that Honda, GM and Toyota are building.

Chookie, how do you know that other parties are interested in this technology ?

45yrs • M •
I betca there are a lot of people looking into this technology whether that have done the R&D themselves or stole it from others.

New technology is a highy competive field.

48yrs • M •
link1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
They're currently selling shares to try and raise some capital. But the shares are $1 Australian each. If you're interested in getting them cheaper, reply to cabrown70@hotmail.com

57yrs • M •
CHOOKIE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
fastandfurious>>> Chookie, how do you know that other parties are interested in this technology ?

fast - they have updated their site with some further details of some parties which are interested. Specifically, look in the "Licensing Opportunities" and "Aviation Market in USA" links. There are some clues in there. Not all are listed though.

59yrs • M •
revetec is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[b] Hi Guys! Brad here from REVETEC Limited. Our technology is coming to the marketplace. We have signed a large agreement already and have several vehicle manufacturers and companies who have signed MOUs with us. This is not an engine technology that will be shelved or not taken to market. We are coming within the next 24 months in very large scale production.
Cheers
Brad Howell-Smith
Chairman Revetec Limited

44yrs • M •
Diceman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
How about that! Mr Howell-Smith himself replying.

I made a page on Wikipedia about the CCE (controlled combustion engine) I hope one day to be able to drive a car with this engine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Combustion_Engine

48yrs • M •
loveengines is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Brad, I am curious, you make reference to a large agreement being signed already.. is this the Rewaco deal? How big is this deal, what kind of units numbers are we talking about hear?

Also, in terms of automotive manufacturers, I see from "Diceman" that there is reference to two Japanese manufacturers. Which two are they? Mazda, Nissan, Toyota?

When are you going to integrate your engine as part of a Hybrid system? Seems perfect sense to make a more effecient hybrid engine and challenge the Toyota Synergy Drive system? I am guessing you would need to get GM or Ford's interest, especially GM's given that they will be toupled as number 1 automotive group by Toyota in about 2-3 years time. If GM had a Hybrid engine that delivered that power and effeciency that I am guessing this engine will offer, they will pay large sums for this technology.

One other thing, apparently this engine is small, but by looking at the photo you wouldnt reallly be able to tell. You should picture the engine beside an item such as a basketball or something that all people relate to so that they can put some perspective on the size of this engine visually, that way the picture can be sent to all kinds of people without there having to be a written description Even adding the dimensions around the picture of the engine would help.

Anyway, I will keep a close eye on the developments of this engine, sounds exciting and I am sure that you are in the process of developing an engine that will really showcase teh merits of your technology; The 1.35 litre engine for the middle east deal will certainly not do this cause I am assuming that they have requested specific parametrs for the engine. Keep in mind that your 1.35 litre engine will be compared to the Mazda Rotary engine 1.3 litre which has 165kW of power. According to my calculations, your engine should excedd thsi figure based on the torque outputs that can potentially be deleivered.

By the way, what kind of engine stats are we atlking about here?

Love your engine!!!

Birth of a new engine
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy