Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Alternate Universe Theory - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, He could create a world like that, but the thing is that I think He didn't have that much of a choice in creating the universe, and just had to give it a number of artibary 'charctaristics', and the rest was left to chance. He wouln't have known if humans would be the eventual result.
He just let things evolve according to artibary laws.

And another thing, you can't just 'have' perfection. If God chose to create an evolving universe, then accordingly, first there must be imperfection, and that would lead to perfection. I mean, first our R complex (the part of the brain which is just made up of instincts etc) develped, which basically gave us the ability of free will, and then gradually more logical parts developed. Even now, gradually, the R complex is being replaced by more thinking parts, so slowly we are infact getting more reasonable

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M •
mole is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
time travel isnt possible unless you can travel faster then the speed of light. since nothing can, or nothing we know of, and we cant propel anything faster, then its impossible right now. if it takes a certain amount of time for light, or the light from a "picture" of something to get somewhere in a certain amount of time, and you travel faster than that picture, your travelling faster than light. also, faster than time. you would go back in time.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually, time travel still isnt possible even if you exceed the speed of light. If it takes a certain amount of time for light to travel to poiint A from point B, then if you go faster its more of a teleportation thing, you cant say if you went so fast from point A to point B you'd end up in the stone age! The best you'd be able to do is slow down time in a way.
And yes, teleportation has already been done with light.

http://www.research.ibm.com/quantuminfo/teleportation/

and here a laser was teleported

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2049048.stm

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 63yrs • M •
Just-a-Fool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The reality we experience is invented from our higher self to teach us lessons needed to become more noble beings........or maybe not.

"Even with all its sham and drudgery your world can still be a beautiful one"
 37yrs • F •
endlessangel is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
going back to why didn't God create this world perfect.
well he did create it perfect we screwed it up and brought evil into this world(adam, eve, and the devil) but what id God created an alternate world that wasn't perfect to begin with but the 'adam and eve' there helped make it perfect. again that goes back to the anti-matter

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. -- Buddha"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i want to know how you guys know if it is possible to go back in time... 1. none of you guys as far as i know are not rocket scientists and 2. how can u know if it is possible if it has never been proven right ot wrong?

but i do agree if you travel faster than the speed of light then you would catch up with the light or "pictures" and being able to relive the moment... but i dont think that will happen in our lifes... and that would be wierd because you would have no friends or you would have to re meet them... also about the center of the universe... if you kept on going back in time you could change the course of history as we know it... am i the only one who gets creeped out by that???!!!

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many of the theories put forward regarding time travel such as relativity (Einstein) have been proven, for instance scientist have been able to calculate that a person gains approximetly one second of time due to accelelration in a boeing 747 flight! Also scientist calculated that astronoauts travelling at 20000 miles per hour around the earth (in the space shuttle) gained about 20 seconds of time through relativity. If we could move around like the flash then we would see everything slow around us because our increase in speed would off course mean that we could do much more in a given space of time and therfore time itself would appear to slow down.

As for what happens when we reach the speed of light, well i dont personally think matter in its basic form can travel more than perhaps 3/4 of the speed of light without disintegrating! In order to travel faster than light many of the theoretical technologies such as hyperspace and warp drive willl have to be developed! Matter will have to be augmented in some way to allow it to withstand the huge force of acceleration.

The most interesting of these in my opinion is hyperspace travel, theoretically if you could open up a hyperspace window and travel though hyperspace, the laws of physics would not apply and you could perhaps travel thousand of times faster than light without breaking any of the laws of the universe because you wouldnt be travelling through the universe itself but a mirror dimension.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
Alternate Universe Theory - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy