The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dreams - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe your subconscience is telling you not to remember...maybe they're bad dreams?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps you arent getting enough REM sleep MiA. the REM cycle only occurs for a short time approxmately every three hours. this is when most if not all dreaming occurs.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm i dunno myabe but i sleep over 3 hours
i rember last night's dream i saw a girl who i used to work with ( very random ) she had another kid ( she already has 5 ) , we were in some weird place and there was a guy that wanted to fuck me and i think i kinda liked him but i wouldn't do it or even kiss him (i told him that i love my boyfriend) i just layed in bed with him and he gave me a massage .......
how is that for a dream ?

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 44yrs • M •
Well then, what do you think that dream means? Hmmmm, interesting.

37yrs • F •
means nothing to me
what do YOU think it means

44yrs • M •
You asked.

I would say that you are suppressing your need for sexual gratification, and so in your dreams you are trying to solve the delema of whether or not your current relationship satisfies that need. You are settling in your dream for a massage or 'just lying there' and never getting what you truly want. The fact that your dream included your ex-coworker who is pregnant once again, tells me that you are worried that if you act on those desires; there might be consequences in the form of pregnancy. Of course, this is just my analysis.

37yrs • F •
i wish i never asked Wes
but next time, could we please get less sexual ?
thank you
btw you're terrible

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
less sexual? it was YOURE dream MiA...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 44yrs • M •
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*nods his head to agree with wyote* Thanks!

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought that was a good interpretation.

I think if you remember your dream than its important that you try to figure out what it means. If you can't remember it than its not that important.

Science has not been able to figure out why we sleep. We don't rest. We get just as much or more exercise in our sleep then when we are awake. But some believe that the mind has to sort things out and file them away. When your mind has trouble sorting things out, you then have a nightmare, This is why children have more nightmares than adults. You will have a dream once every 15 minutes I believe.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • F •
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I WASNT' EVEN THAT INTERESTED
lmao
you guyz are TERRIBLE
but i guess it's ok as long as you all had fun and had something to talk about

and screw you all i'm not sharing my dreams anymore that's for sure
one more reason for me to try to forget them

44yrs • M •
Yep...I hit that one right on the head, he he he he!

Aww come on MiA, I'll share my next dream and you can interpret it any way you like; deal?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
freud thought dreams were a subconscious wish-fulfillment. the conscious and subconscious often want different things, and while the conscious can separate reality from fantasy, the subconscious can't. so, if the sc wants something and can't have it in reality, it settles for achieving it in a dream, since it cant distinguish between the two. this is all done symbolically, of course, because our sc naturally ties all emotions or things that it perceives to a certain symbol. while we may not recognize that symbol consciously, or sc does.
jung, on the other hand, thought dreams were the sc trying to balance out our whole being. for example, say that a person feels overly inferior to others. he may dream that he is an important and superior person in the world, as the sc is trying to balance it all out. Jung felt that every person has an ideal self buried inside their subconscious and that the whole goal of our psychological life is to achieve this ideal by listening to our sc and trying to balance it with our conscious. this whole process is called individuation. basically, jung thought that we should try to interpret our dreams and listen to what our sc is telling us. however, it is not the voice of god-he felt that the sc could be just as wrong in interpreting a situation for the better as the conscious. so, the best way to generally go is the middle path.
there is also the new theory that dreams mean nothing and are the result of random firings of neurons in the brain during sleep, triggering random images.
im not a psychologist, but i have read a few books by both of these guys, and i interpreted their views to the best of my abilities, but if i am off please tell me.

"You are reading this."
 44yrs • M •
That was a pretty good abservation wind...and it mighjt have just gotten me out of the dog house on the 'ol dream thing, lol.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreams are crazy things indeed. For a while last year I kept a journal of my dreams they were so bizarre and sometimes meaningless. I noticed at times the reflected things I had thought of the day before. They often change from moment to moment- they really give you something to think about as well trying to figure out what they are all about. the more you write them down the easier they are to remember. Actually I still have the journal and I was just thumbing threw it and I saw an entry from a year ago which was the craziest dream ever- I had dremt that I had awoke and looked outside to see that our garage had been broken into- i went out and checked it out the door was removed and every thing was all different later I dreamt I woke up again and realized I was dreaming and looked outside and again the garage was broken into I go outside to investigate and there is some vandalism and the neighbours garage has been damaged as well from there it get really weird.... It was strange to awake in a dream only to be still dreraming. Also the next night I have the same sort of dream probably because I was writing the dream out from before - anyway it was weird. Much to my dismay I rarely dream of anything sexual. Far to often my work often follows into my dreams- That is irritating!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
Dreams - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy