Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Medicinal Marijuana

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Medicinal Marijuana
Here in California, we have a law that allows for the use of Marijuana for medicinal use. I am all for this, but some people do not get the fact that this "drug" has wonderful benefits for people that have chronic pain.

A lot of people agree that people with diseases such as AIDS and Cancer should be able to use Marijuana because they are terminally ill, and that they are going to die sooner anyway. The fact is that there have been no evidentiary facts that marijuana has any worse an effect on the body than cigarettes.

In my opinion, marijuana should be used medically everywhere, and for any ailments that cause prolonged periods of pain.

What do you think?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Aura is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Weed is legal in BC .

I'm for it. Especially since marijuana used for medicinal purposes is filtered anyway (harmful chemicals are minimized).

"I'm here to live... OUT LOUD!"
 44yrs • M •
Well damnit...I didn't know that. Is it legal for everyone? Can you buy it in stores, or other places? You have me very curious Aura...

44yrs • M •
Hmmmm... that has me wondering now.
I agree Decius, if there are laws on drugs they should include everything. I mean look at the prescription drugs that they push, fucking crazy ass side effects.
What does it take for a cop to arrest you for MJ then?

45yrs • F •
Here:

http://www.stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/303/bccourt.shtml

Funny how alchohol can be legal while marijuana isn't, when the effects of alchohol causes more trouble (in my opinion, anyway).

Part of it no doubt has to do w/ sales from alchohol and cigarettes raking in dolla dolla bills for the government.

45yrs • F •
Decius is right, there are hemp stores full of materials made of hemp here and there. Mostly in downtown.

Buy a shirt and smoke it .

44yrs • M •
Aura, LMAO over here, god its good to get a few good laughs in one day. Lol.

quote:
Buy a shirt and smoke it

I agree with the Government thing. Hell, I don't care if they tax me on it, if its legal.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you get caught growing/selling/distributing you will get arrested and thrown in jail. It is kinda lax like Decius was saying but the laws are still there.

Every now and then there are protests where the are hundreds of peolpe blatenly passing weed around and smoking J's and the cops just sit there making sure everything goes smootly, and that it doesnt go out of hand.

I myself do not like smoking it or seeing the use/sale of it but hey ....that's me.

44yrs • M •
It's a little lax over here, but not much, I think it depends on the cop. If there were protests here like that, They would surely be arrests, probably beatings and harasment too.
In any case, what do you think of Marijuana for medicinal use Firebird?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay Guys Stop knocking Alchol, Alchol is My friend!

"i'm not an Alcholic, I'm a drunk, An Alcholic is someone that goes to meetings" Heard it some where

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I knew a young lady who was pregnant and had a problem with morning sickness. She smoked dope to make her feel better. The doctor told her it was ok, it would be less harmful to her than any drug she could prescribe. The doctor warned her however not to smoke any of it 60 days before she was to give birth as it would be found on a blood test and they would take her baby away.

Something is wrong with this picture.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 44yrs • M •
Interesting...do you know for sure that this girl is telling the truth?

I would'nt expect that from a Doctor, just because it would make him/her liable for anything that could happen...including everything that isn't MJ related.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ah man I was working on this when for no apparent reason the screen goes blank then a fatal error box appears and I had to reboot! Dammit now can I remember what I had said . . . ya know how that stuff fucks up your short span memory?
==========
Ehh ... Oh ya, Iam a little perplexed for one thing I am not sure where I should put this as it tends to cross the bounds into other threads.
quote:
The currrent laws on marijuana are absolutely ridiculous and its justifications are preposterous.

I would have strait friends, who would come around telling me things because they knew I smoked & wanted me to quit.
So I would listen to them & then I would think about it for a while trying to find times when we were together in similar situations where I had smoked & I hadn't. Then reminding them of these times & asked which me they could make a distinction these times & which they preferred.
Funny thing none choose the strait me?
==========
I had this medical doctor telling me things about pot which if at all true where attributes of hard drugs like cocaine or heroin. I would think a MD would have more knowledge of the effects of drugs than the average person yet he was confused on the effects of pot. So from the onset let me say,
quote:
Ad: One out of four accidents have found that marajuana use as contributing factor

Well no I don't think people should operate moter vehicles when smoking pot, drinking alcohol, watching a DVD, reading a book or even playing muusic so loud as to impair hearing sirens (sitting at a stoplight my car windows vibrating to the sounds waves imminating from your vehicle is violating my right to peace of mind and frankly some of it I certainly wouldn't listen to begin with!)
==========
Criminal useage: Not all drug users use pot? For most the the preffered drug of choice may be alcohol or heroin or cocaine ... for the most part they will seek to acquire their drug of choice although they may well substitute if unavailable.
So why would a cocaine dealing person use pot, it tends to reduce the nastier side effects of the drug of choice?
Why would a criminal like armed robbers smoke it certainly would seem to add to their chances of screwing up & getting caught. May be they tend to be nervious so they smoke to calm themselves before taking such chances?
==========
Why do they have to prescibe drugs?
Because these drugs have adverse side effects which should be monitored?
Because these drugs may cause adverse effects depending upon the person taking them?
Why should you take such potentially harmful drugs if smoking pot could be substituted?
========== =========
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=12-u-thrdid=11356-u-page=4

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hello Turtle,
Please stay away from the LSD, mushrooms, pcp, and meth-amthetimine! If you can do that, I think you'll be OK!
Eldred
PS I'm 2 years older than you are moron!

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I may be a moron but at least I am a truthful moron.
The bad thing about lies and deciet is once you start, it has a rea . . al tendency to snow ball. What was the name of that movie? . . . Reefer Madness?
Sorrry but been there, done that, that is not where it is at.
To tell ya the truth about the only pill I pop these days is aspirin (81mg) suppose to be good preventative medicine for heartattacks. You might consider taking them to as you are at risk too, being our age. But thank you for the reminder, I would not want to leave children with the wrong impression.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Medicinal Marijuana
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy