Lovers that are friends are the ones that break your heart. Friends that are lovers are the ones that mend it. - Blood_princess
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

SUV's

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
SUV's
I'm no fan of sport utility vehicles. They're not sporty, they're not utilitarian, they're too heavy, they use too much fuel. They're so big the rest of us can't see where we're going on the highway. They tip over too easily and the people that drive them - well, they get this false sense of security and they drive these things around as if they had brakes. But the worst thing is this image that these things attempt to portray for their owners.

I mean, you never see them out here in the countryside. They're only seen in shopping malls and downtown and taking the kids to school. I mean, you need a 4x4 truck to do this? But the worst thing - have you seen this most recent TV ad? I won't tell you the name of the car company , but it shows a dad taking his family out for a drive in the woods. He's outside the vehicle; he's got a machete and he's chopping down the trees and the branches. His wife asks him, "Darling, what are you doing?" He says, "I don't want to scratch the paint." "I don't want to scratch the paint"? This is a real macho tough off-road-and-frontier kind of guy: he doesn't want to scratch the paint.

But wait. It gets worse. Have you seen the brush guard some of these people put on these things? Huge tubular contraptions? What's that about? So they don't scratch their chrome bumpers. Come on, people. Now, in Australia, they call those things roo-bars. Exactly how many kangaroos do we have in Canada that that's a problem? You're more likely to impale some pedestrian on that thing. Maybe that's the point. You get the pedestrian home in better shape so you can mount him on your rec room wall as a trophy.

Now, if you want to have even more fun with the lemmings who drive sport utility vehicles, there's a website you should check out. It's poseur.4x4.org. That's no www, just P-O-S-E-U-R.4-X-4.O-R-G. You'll love it. And when you're done with that, go buy a car.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont see the point of those cars... I think the only thing they do better then other cars is make the owner think they're helping the economy (though they are at the same time making US dependent on oil)

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupraLINE is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im down with the H1 there tight SUVs the H2 its ok but no i stick with a black H1 or a Black G500 ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Although I do admit wishing I had a Cadillac Escalade, or EXT, I still don't like the people who drive them! I feel the same way about the idiots who shouldn't even be in control of a car let alone a SUV!
I think the problems is that mini-vans have become so "pussy" for the lack of a better word. They aren't manley enough for the husbands to drive the family around in, lol.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that renae02 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love Esclade's And The H2.. They r the Best..

"forget the game before somone takes u out of the frame and puts ur name to frame u can't run a race the pace is to fast u just won't last.. Linkin Park points of aurthority"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hummers are the ugliest cars in the world.....so are suv's.....the guzzle gas and have killed a bunch of little kids because they have such big blind spots the idiots who drive them back up and hit some kid because they couldnt see them.........ugh......why do you need a vehical like that anyway?....theres no reason unless you live way out in the country, then maybe it's justified.........these vehicals suck ass

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that renae02 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like cars better but.. suv's are nice... My opinion..

"forget the game before somone takes u out of the frame and puts ur name to frame u can't run a race the pace is to fast u just won't last.. Linkin Park points of aurthority"
SUV's
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy