Don't hate me because I'm pretty, hate me because your boyfriend thinks I am. - countalucard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I've searched everywhere for the true church,

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that Jesus already came back and got his church a long time ago. When Caesar found out about it, in a panic - He became the first pope of the new Roman Catholic Church.

When asked, "What happened to all those Christians who lived underground," Caesar explained that they were now members of the Roman Catholic Church. "And you too can join. If you join today, I will not behead you," He said.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LOL!
Is that true?
Organised church is just hilarious at times!

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
I don't know for sure if Jesus came and got his church or not - just a theory of mine - I'm glad it made you laugh.

What is true however is that Caesar was a killer when he did not believe in Jesus and he was a killer when he professed Jesus, it made no difference, he was still a killer. He persecuted the believers and then turned right around and persecuted the non believers. If Hitler beat him in the record of killing innocent people for what they believed, it was only because Hitler had the technology.

Point is - doesn't matter what we believe - we are what we are. Some are good, some of us are real good, some of us are bad and some of us are real bad.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually OK has a valid point, in theory the other side coexists with this world, ie Jesus exist as the Right Hand of the Father GOD. If the ' First Born of the Kingdom sits upon His Throne (Mercy Seat) then the Kingdom existed from that day on?

As to the second portion, I am not a history buff but the Roman Empire divided into the western (Rome) and eastern (Constantinople) it was an act of pior Caesar with dominion over all of the empire. Decline of the empire brought devision and it was latter day ruler of the eatern domain who took Christianity as the National religion.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
I'm waitning to here back from someone on another forum. He says that Jesus had to first ascend into heaven, dethrown saten and his angels, cast them down to earth and set up his kingdom in heaven and then he will come here and make it on earth as it is in heaven casting saten into that bottomless pit. Then will his kingdom come.

That's a little different then I had been taught in the past but very interesting. Like I told him, I do want to believe that Jesus is coming back because its starting to look serious for good ole planet earth - yesterday I put out a grass fire, we haven't had rain in like over three months.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love how god is powerless against satan, makes perfect sense to me.

True church? My body is my temple.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
I don't believe in Saten - I once believed that we were Saten who have been angles cast down, but this puts it in a new light.

I do believe in evil, I don't know what it is - but what makes a man load himself up with explosives and go to a funeral and blow himself up? - certainly not a man who believes in God.

There is an evil in the world that causes a person or group of people to use their knowledge to design the worst of carnage.

46yrs • M
quote:
but what makes a man load himself up with explosives and go to a funeral and blow himself up? - certainly not a man who believes in God.

Why not, god sends angels to kill babies in the bible even.

The only reason its hard to imagine why a person would do such a thing is because people are unwilling to see from others perspectives.

But hey, I'm not one to claim I know who did such a thing, let alone why. Since both British and American special forces have been caught dressing as Arabs setting off or loaded with guns and explosives, along with decades worth of just such tactics, I'm far more inclined to believe that State sponsered terrorism is the answer.

After things like Northwoods Documents, Operation Gladio, and endless lies, propaganda, and the source of the most gains being our governments, nothing makes more sense than the answer being State sponsered terrorism.

Intentional destabilization.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Why not, god sends angels to kill babies in the bible even.

I don't remember reading that - but there are some ugly things in the bible - but I happen to believe like the Gnostics that a false god decieved the children of Isreal demanding animal sacrifices and burdonsum law of moses.

We'll never know what those scriptures are supposed to say. The same people who controlled the scriptures hung Gnostic babies from stakes.

You may not believe this, but I remember before I was born and when I was told I had to come down here, I cried like a baby. Jesus (or someone I thought was Jesus) put his hand on my shoulder and said, "you'll be ok." I served in the Navy for 14 years and not seen any action - so what does that tell you - but I feel sorry for those who are not so lucky.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You may not believe this, but I remember before I was born and when I was told I had to come down here, I cried like a baby. Jesus (or someone I thought was Jesus) put his hand on my shoulder and said, "you'll be ok."

Did or do you have any connections with the Church of Latter Day Saints?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so when you saw jesus, and he touched you, were you an adult or a kid or what? you were obviously human if you had a shoulder to be touched. it seems like our minds like to play tricks on us, filling in memories where it seems fit.

i bet not a single person has ever had a dream like that who has not heard about jesus.

we need to realize that we shouldn't go by what our past generations have said, they were unscientific and we need to see that there is a chance that Jesus wasnt really God and that how dumb people are today, they were a lot dumber because they had no technology!

i have a hard time believing in stuff like this, because i have never once in my life seen anything that would make God actually real to me.

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 64yrs • M •
My father was Morman and when I was very young we lived in Edgmont South Dekota, it is now a ghost town that only lived because of an Army Base that closed down, there my mother was attending a penticostal church but I only remember going to that church once.

I remember myself as a child and the man I thought was Jesus had long white hair, white beard and mustache.

I think we are dumber today - we decide not to believe something because we have no explination for it. I think that is very arogent of us. Just because we don't understand something, that does not make it false, it just means that we are are stupider then we think we are.

The bible does teach that the wise will be foolish in their wisdom.

I don't expect people to believe me - I do rather expect people to think in their mind that I am mistaken, that this was just a dream I had when I was a very young child, and I will honestly admit that this is possible. Because they have found proof of people remembering things as a child that were only dreams.

There is no way I can know for sure - I can only have faith - faith I have.

46yrs • M
quote:
I think we are dumber today - we decide not to believe something because we have no explination for it.

I'm afraid that is only correct for those who are indeed equally arrogant by claiming a non existance of god, equal to those arrogant enough to claim the existance or more importantly the knowledge of who or what god is and what its intentions are.

Deciding to believe in and make claims about something you can't know is arrogant and stupid, be it the existance or non existance of any god or its intentions.

quote:
There is no way I can know for sure - I can only have faith - faith I have.

Faith in what? No, you are claiming belief in what you cannot know, are you not?

Faith in a higher power, or good, or whatever is separate from claiming belief in that which you cannot know.

One is admission of hope in accordance with internal instincts and emotions, the other is retarded.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They do not call it A leap of Faith for nothing. Faith is a choice, i feel sorry for people who have been influenced by society into being the pragmatic type who refuse to believe becuase they have no proof. There is no way to either prove or disprove in God, people believe in God becuase they understand that our minds cannot possible understand every cause and effect relationship that even remotly affects us.

If you provide the faith the covenant is sealed, God will prove his exsistence even though it will not be necessary.

"What is true power?"
 46yrs • M
quote:
i feel sorry for people who have been influenced by society into being the pragmatic type who refuse to believe becuase they have no proof.

Believe in what? God, or a religions interpretation of God. There is a big and important difference that you are undermining by overgeneralizing the argument.

quote:
people believe in God becuase they understand that our minds cannot possible understand every cause and effect relationship that even remotly affects us.

They believe in an unknown power greater than themselves, which is sensible, not in a Biblical God, which is not.

I feel sorry for those who have been influenced by society into being mindless drones claiming belief in superstitions and cults.

quote:
If you provide the faith the covenant is sealed

The covenant? From what source have you recieved an invitation to a binding aggreement?

Faith in what? Ambiguous religious gibberish is not satisfactory clarification to any point you are attempting to make.

Please attempt clarification.

quote:
God will prove his exsistence even though it will not be necessary.

Has he proven himself to you, and it what way? Something other than simply acknowledging a power greater than ourselves by bearing witness to existance?

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy