Why do you try so damn hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I Need Advice Badly

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I Need Advice Badly
There are a few things happening in my life that I am unsure what to do about.

I met a girl that I have fallen in love with on the internet. Neither of my parents understand this and won't let me take a bus to Kentucky for a week to meet her.

It is my dream, and ONLY dream, to be in a band. I have written many songs, asked people, and they have told me they were very good, rivaling people such as Korn or Disturbed. I also have a very deep voice, and in a year or so, it will be so deep that I will be able to sound like the guy from Hatebreed. My parents don't understand that a lyrical writing talent and a deep voice is the perfect combination to be in a hardcore band, which is what I want to do. They relate it to sports, saying that most people who try and play sports don't get to play pro. Well, if I were 15 years old, and I could take Michael Jordan one on one, does that mean that my chances are still just as slim as people who have "talent" but aren't good enough to be pros?

I also want to move up to Kentucky to be with my girlfriend, and sing for her band. They have already accepted me, and told me they will wait for me to turn w/e the age for me to leave is. My parents just can't grasp this concept either.

This may sound like complaining, and maybe it is, but I would like to hear others opinions on these matters.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Although your parents are probably right about bands, in the sense that many people try and few succeed, that is no reason not to try. That is, so long as you have something to fall back on. Don't give up on school because you think you will become a star, should the band fail you'll be really skewed without an education.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
I Need Advice Badly
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy