Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Females Inferior? - Page 2

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting aquastar!, - "the two belong together and are two pieces of the same puzzle" - i could not have put it better myself. At the end of the day, wether anybody likes it or not - men and women have been put on this earth to be together, our primary purpose here is to procreate, it may sound rude or ignorant but thats the truth afterall! If we go against that then our species is in trouble. Its amazing what men and women can learn from each other if they simply listen to one another, ive seen it myself, my fiance often watched me working on my car and couldnt understand what was going on (or the enthusiasm i had!), it often irritated her, then one day she came to me and asked me to show her how to repair cars. I showed her some basics and i was suprised at how happy she was to learn! i expected her to get bored and irritated but she was able to demonstrate to a certain degree what i showed her (using tools and techniques) and now when her car needs repair or service i help her and show her what to do, her ability may only be basic but isnt that how we all start off.

Many women think that if a women tries to do a mans job then men will automatically be intimidated and resentfull, another ignorant assumption that we make about each other! You would be suprised how many men there are who would love for the women they know to understand the enthusiasm and passion they have for their hobbie. I know i do.

As for what aquastar said about historical attitudes towards women, not all cultures historical or ancient have always regarded women as being inferior and instilled the idea that they should be kept under control with no freedom.
In ancient INDIA, women were given much religous and social freedom and many people regarded women as the living inbodiment of the goddess. Many women participated in politics, law and medicine! There were roles in soceity (such as engineering and scienctific roles) that were male dominated, this wasnt because women were prevented from doing these jobs by men but because like today women had their preferences in career and like today there are some things that women can do well and there are some things that men are naturally better suited to - but there are exceptions to this of course. It was only later that corruption in society led to attrocities such as widow burning, bride dowrey e.t.c bcoming the norm - these are not part of the culture but were fabricated by corrupt men to subjicate women, the true culture would have been noble and just. Women had much power and influence in ancent egypt aswell, so you see history hasnt always been sexist!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 42yrs • M •
Its interesting to note that many women in society grow up with the mentallity that its a mans role to provide everything and after marriage they expect their husbands to bring home the bread and give them money to spend on what they want, so not all house wives are forced to do what they do!

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Rajpal - there are women like that. My first wife was that way. But the first woman I married did not represent most women.

I learned a lot about women when I served in U.S. Support Force Antarctica. All sailors are required to do sea duty, however, most ships do not allow women, at that time anyways. So a lot of women served in Antarctica as their sea duty. Then of course after I got out of the Navy I discovered that women who join the Navy are a very different kind of women then those who don't. As a truck driver I came across a lot of lesbian couples who drove as teams and it was very clear that one would be manly (butch) and the other would be lady like, and I would guess that is why they were compatible. I've heard it said that people are people and no two are alike. The only difference between a man and a women is that one can have a child and the other can make that possible. With those different parts come different hormonal spikes that cause all kinds of different reactions. For instance, it is usually easier for a women to cry then it is for a man to cry. Of course, I'm getting older and find myself getting emotional about things that years ago didn't bother me so much, so I guess we even change with age.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 64yrs • M •
I don't like the feminists movement either. They are the biggest hypocrits. They expect you to give them respect but won't give you the time of day. They think its wrong to make jokes about women, but its just natural for them to make jokes about men. They want to be treated equal, yet they treat you like dirt. They are hypocrital narrow minded bigots full of prejudice.

Nope - I guess I don't like them either.

They are not against sexism, only womaniesing, because that's wrong, but male bashing is exceptable, because they're sexist.

In truth, they believe women are far above men and have no need for men except as purse and slave.

42yrs • M •
I agree 100000000000000000000 % WITH OKCITYKID. These femanists are the biggest hypocrits in the world. They are actually the reason why women ARNT taken seriously! They dont care about the average single women working hard or anything, all they care about is empty publicity, DONT THESE FOOLS REALISE THAT WE (MEN AND WOMEN!) ARE LAUGHING AT THEM. what a joke. These fools talk about equal rights for women when they dont know peanuts about the average hard working womens problems.

The WOMEN who actually work hard GAIN MORE RESPECT FROM MEN THEN THEY DO FROM WOMEN, I SHOULD KNOW IM A MANAGER IN THE MALE DOMINATED CIVIL ENGINEERING INDUSTRY, there may not be that many women here, but they are given the outmost respect. I have promoted women and the people that have problems with it are more than often OTHER WOMEN! THESE WOMEN ARE THEIR OWN ENEMIES. Theres always women backbiting each other, not men.

Look at all these female celebrities and women in top corporate positions, absolute hypocrites! - THEY DONT GIVE A DAMM ABOUT THE AVERAGE SINGLE WOMEN WORKING HARD TO SUPPORT HERSELF AND HER KIDS - ITS THE MEN THAT THEY BLAME. We are all individuals, i wouldnt swear at every women if my wife cheated on me or something like that, what right do i have! all men and women are individuals.

All these female supermodels and celebrities posing in lingerie and swimwear, WHO FORCES THEM TO DO WHAT THEY DO? NO ONE THATS WHO! NOT MEN. Anyone who says that they do this because of male dominated culture or coruption (IN OTHER WORDS THEY DONT KNOW ANY BETTER) needs a reality check, AND I MEAN IT!
They do what they do for money and fame and in doing so get to go out with billionair business men, actors e.t.c. What does they average women get from this - Nothing!

AS for the females at the top, ONCE AGAIN - THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE AVERAGE (REAL) WOMEN working hard.
Women DONT stick together - THATS THE TRUTH - LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT!

WOMEN - YOUR PROBLEM ISNT US, ITS YOUR OWN KIND, CHANGE THEM (WOMEN) AND THEIR HYPOCRACY AND YOU WILL CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER, FOR ALL.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
men and women are different...obviously....but are equal as a whole...there are same areas where men usually are superior like with physical strenght, most men can lift or carry more thean most women,but on the other side of that theres child birth....i dont know many men who i belive could hadle that kind of pain...so i belive women have a higher pain thresh hold,i dont thing that men are smarter in any way than women...but it seems that generally men are better at science and math and that women are better at english and understanding psychology....so in short....there are things that women are superior with and things that men are better with...but when you way them all out and tally them up......we are even.....in my opinion anyway

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 42yrs • M •
quote - "but it seems that generally men are better at science and math and that women" - its nice to hear that some women actually see and appreciate (i think!) the talent that men have rather than looking only for faults in us when they are far from perfect themselves as for "women are better at english and understanding psychology" - I agree with this, women generally do have better eticate and are better communicators.

Many people today dont agree (or know) about this but this idea of men being better at science and engineering and women being better at communication and eticate has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with traditional gender roles in society. Its to do with instincts that have evolved within us over millions of years.

In humans, women played in many ways a VERY IMPORTANT ROLE AS COMMUNICATORS, they helped keep social ties intact and hence kept the societies socially together - which for a social species like us is essential because without communicators human society as we know it wouldnt exist. In many civilisations, women were often well known for participation in politics and social issues where strong communication and eticate were required.

Men had the responsibility of carrying out hunting, this suited them due to their superior strength and also the fact that it required the technical development of tools, weopons for killing and preparing of meat and other food items. When Man began to develope agriculture, the knowledge of tool making coupled with the ever increasing number of materials that man could utilise (iron, bronze e.t.c) led to advancments in civilisations. Mans ever growing enginuety (ENGINEERING) led to an increase in his understanding about the world around him (SCIENCE AND MATHS).

MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL but the truth is that there are some things that men generally are naturally better at and there are some things that women generally are naturally better at. Even in our modern age of equal oportunities, manymen and women naturally choose what they want to do in life.
Its nothing to do with traditional gender roles - its evolution REMEMBER THAT.

64yrs • M •
I think men and women different physically - but on the inside, we're all the same. Even the many different kinds of us.

42yrs • M •
"I think men and women different physically - but on the inside, we're all the same. Even the many different kinds of us".

i dissagree, men and women have different instincts and instincts are what drive us.

64yrs • M •
But instincts are a physical trait. Ofcourse, a woman is going to be a mother. Her instincts will be different. True with every animal on the planet.

49yrs • F •
BILLIE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am not a feminist and i believethat women and men are different . i believe men are stonger than women in some aspects and vice versa. that is why we are meant to be with each other, the things women lack men can provide such as physical strengfth and women can provide mental strength and together we make a whole. in my family we believe that women take care of their man and in return they will take care of us and our needs. so to question wether women are superior or suppressed is ridiculous.

"smoke a beer and drink a stogge"
 64yrs • M •
Not disregarding that women aren't abused in some social settings or by some men.

But maybe what's really lacking - I remember reading something about this elswhee.

Motherhood - Isn't that greater than being a manager or an executive. No, but it should be. Throw that into the picture and all things seem to be equal.

But what are the benifits of motherhood, can you be fired, do all women qualify, are their stock options, do you get a raise, and will medical and retirement be provided?

Just throwing that out there - it's really a different subject.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
men and women do have many different qualities, though the only ones that seem to be reliably constant are physical. such as body shape, strength and ability to cope with alchohol. Any other trait is interchangable between the sexes. for example u get some very effeminate men (though the word effeminate isnt the best one to use here) and some very butch women. most guys my age dislike kids, whereas ill talk to friends of mine who have kids as happily as my girlfriend will. then there are girls who like football, which i cant stand, my girlfriend is happier on the pitch than i am.
And lots of people of both sexes like memebers of the other sex who have the same interests as them. its so refreshing sometimes to meet a girl who knows more about a pc than how to find the power button and go internet shopping. (sorry if anyone sees that as a slur on their gender, but boys are generally the more technically minded)

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
Females Inferior? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy