Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Possible Candidate To Beat Bush

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Aladinsane is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't researched his past thorougly but so far I am really impressed with General Wesley Clark. He is an incredibly intelligent person with a lot of experience in military obviously. He has predicted every bad turn this war has taken so far and he is very lucid and candid in his views on other issues. He has also SUCCESSFULLY run a company unlike a certain President in office. And his military service wasn't spent in the 'Champaign' squadron of the Texas National Guard. He didn't have a rich father to help him dodge the draft...he actually wanted to sacrifice for his country.

I know he hasn't decided to run but I really don't see any other candidate that can beat him other than Dean. But Dean's attacks on Bush may backfire unless the situation in Iraq gets even worse.

So, this may sound like I am stumping for him, but I'm not. I just desperately want to find a candidate that can actually beat Bush and break the spell that Bush has over this country. If anything, I just wanted to get the debate started as to who could beat him in any event. I just don't feel that strongly about Dean or the other candidates and at the same time I don't want to just replace one moron with another. Excuse me, that was mean but you know what I mean.

The jury is still out but I like what I have seen from Clark so far. Look up his record if you want and give me some feedback. If your Conservative supporter then I think I know what you would say...but I would love to hear it anyways.

Cheers!

""One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.""
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alad...
Are there any rumors of him running stirring around? I know exactly what you mean about Bush not being able to run a company. He failed all of his ventures with oil, although he is rich so what does he care.
Back to Clark. I am partial to his name, lol, because it is mine. Is Gore supposed to run again?
Wesley Clark was also former supreme allied commander of NATO. Impressive. He won the Presidential Medal of Honor in 2000.
There might be something to this guy.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think General Clark might have more to offer than this "vietnamization policy" the current president is offering!
Eldred

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy