It's better to be one rose in a bed of roses than, like, one rose in a bed of weeds - Parisite Hilton
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

My Happiness Equilibrium Theory..What Do You Guys

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that countalucard is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey people, I have a theory about Happiness which I will describe in a moment, I'd really like some comments on it please.
-There is only a certain amount of happiness put on this earth and it must be shared around
-This happiness must constantly be in equilibrium so if someone is ecstatically happy, someone somewhere must be equally sad
-If this is true and you are sad you can take a little pleasure in the thought that someone is happy, which won't solve your problems but could make you feel a little happier
-vice versa if you are happy someone somewhere is sad so this will make you sadder and the balance will shift.
What do you people think?

"you are not your damn khakis"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To tell you the truth. That probably makes the best sense I have heard in a while from someone. And I don't think I can find a flaw to that.

Good Job!

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Kookiekruncher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'll be happy when I win that damn lottery

"Treat everyone as you would want to be treated"
 37yrs • F •
Im glad you like it. As I see it, it happens all the time, look at work or school, some people are happy and some are sad in pretty much equal measures which made me think it would work worldwide, if you look into the press its true, some people are sad and others are happy. And thats why I believe it

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think she meant in the whole world. I don't think she meant that the happyness and such is equal withing the persons area, but equal around the world.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 37yrs • F •
I see where you are coming from Decius but when you look at yourself wouldn't you say that there is 1 feeling that is there more than the other, for instance if you are cool then that makes you happy, you may be sad because of family troubles but the happiness is more present than the sadness so to speak.
As for the abuse stuff, well then you have to think back on the world wide scale and know that somewhere there are happy people even if there aren't any around you.
In my eyes its a tough balance but i think it holds up.

37yrs • F •
Causality states that everything happens for a reason so therefore something must happen for the happiness receiver to become happy, but this could be anything, receiving a letter from a friend, winning the lottery, anything could happen. If you think about it things happen all the time so on the grand scale of things, worldwide whats to say there isnt a balance, i for 1 believe there is because it makes so much sense.

37yrs • F •
Real time, sorry but I cant believe that my fate is pre-determined it sucks too much for that to be true

37yrs • M •
living_life is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yeah how bout the mad people in the world?

"living large is not as important as living life."
 44yrs • M •
WW Track 05 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have always thought that happiness comes from what you do in your day to day life. If you are a up beat person, your energy will spread to other people who have contact with you and continue for them. Life is what you make of it so in my opinion everyone should be happy and not let every little thing that happens to them bring them down. Ultimately no one cares if your miserable so you might as well be happy.

"Laugh more....Smile now....Live life"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I can't wait for some large population of aliens to be oppressed, that way, us on Earth may be happy

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
good theory i like it
but if there is only a certain amount of happiness does that mean that if half of the people on earth die all the people that stay will become much happier ?

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If half of the population died then a equlibrium would be established between the survivors. For example, if the dying pop consists of terrorists, than for a while the other half will be happy, but knew disputes will arise resulting in more terrorists.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If half of the population died then a equlibrium would be established between the survivors. For example, if the dying pop consists of terrorists, than for a while the other half will be happy, but knew disputes will arise resulting in more terrorists.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
Hellola is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I Believe that happiness is a state of mind, you choose to be happy or unhappy! You do not need anything to be happy unless you believe that you need it to be happy. I think the equilibrium theory is an attempt to blame your unhappines on your surroundings; people always tend to blame there situation, which they controll, on their surroundings. For example: my sister wanted to be more creative and her solution was to move to another surrounding which is more stimulating, blaming her lack of creativity on her current situation which she easily controlled. People dont want to accept their mistakes and thus blame it on something else. This applys to hapiness completely, people believe their surroundings impact their happiness! (sorry went a bit off the topic there)

"Something done without love is something half done."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy