Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's your favorite word?

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This can't be a favorite thing, it has to be a favorite word, and has to have a reason.
Here's mine:

I would have to say that "perfect" is my favorite word. To me, perfect has so many different meanings. Perfect can symbolize a pose, a picture, a sarcastic remark, a woman, a man, a setting, a mood, a time and place; and countless other things.
To me, perfect is unachievable as a concept, but can be reality to the person who sees it as such. Perfect is very ethnocentric. Depending on your surroundings, country, and or era that you are in, its meaning can change.
One of the reasons why this word is special to me is because of the fact that a lot of people think they know exactly what it means, but in reality have no clue.
Perfect has always been presented to me as what I am not, therefore it has become a big symbol for what a bunch of idiots there are in this world.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that shadowcult is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Random is my favorite word, mostly because of what it describes.
It describes events and actions, which came out of no ware.

'That was f*ck*n random'

"Emotions are for the weak minded, so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it."
 58yrs • F •
Smiler is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My all time favourite is perspicacity. It's five syllables really let you get your teeth into it. I would describe myself as perspicacious, although I wish it was completely 100% of the time. I can work most people out within a few minutes of speaking to them, the ones I can't are the most interesting ones..

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DETROIT

well...u asked...

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that JetPlane is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd go with "Coconut".

As a diehard PC Gamer fan in the early 90's, Coconut Monkey was my idol. "Coconut" simply rolls off your tongue in a brusque attractive way. Like leaning in for that lusty, breathy kiss.

"\"Like maple syrup, Canada\' evil oozes.\"-<i>Canadian Bacon</i>"
 44yrs • M •
Jet-I been sitting here saying "co-co-nut" over and over, it does roll...lol!

BMX-Detroit, reason?

75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Fuck" is my favorite word! I would have to say that "fuck" is my favorite word. To me, fuck has so many different meanings. Fuck can symbolize a pose, a picture, a sarcastic remark, a woman, a man, a setting, a mood, a time and place; and countless other things.
To me, fuck is unachievable as a concept, but can be reality to the person who sees it as such. Fuck is very ethnocentric. Depending on your surroundings, country, and or era that you are in, its meaning can change.
One of the reasons why this word is special to me is because of the fact that a lot of people think they know exactly what it means, but in reality have no clue.
Fuck has always been presented to me as what I am not, therefore it has become a big symbol for what a bunch of idiots there are in this world.

39yrs • F •
So...it's your favorite world because you choose to see that it labels the "idiots" who don't "understand what it means"?

And isn't really pretentious to say that /you/ know what it means, but so many others do not, and that while others are idiots, you are not?

44yrs • M •
What a fucking post! There are so many fine "fucks" that I remember when I think about fucking. Holy fucking Christ that reminds me, I missed that fucking appointment with that fucking Doctor today, oh well, he was just going to tell me that I'm Fucked!

39yrs • F •

Good one there, bub.

You got me appreciating the word a little more today.

53yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Mountain Girl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had to plop my head back in here briefly...since it has been months since I made a post...or came in to "ruffle any feathers"...

so, I guess I would have to say that my favorite word is...

"jackass"...I find I use it quite often in reference to many people around me on a daily basis...

~cheeky lil' grins to you all~...I know you all missed me...

MG

"Just stepped back in to..."ruffle some feathers""
 35yrs • F •
Westlife is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My fave word is vett

44yrs • M •

Got the hots for a Vetrenarian?

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that shadowcult is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that was pretty fuckin random.

"Emotions are for the weak minded, so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it."
 44yrs • M •

1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy