if somebody thinks they are a hedgehog presumably you give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out themselves. - Douglas Adamas
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What has the US become?

User Thread
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What has the US become?
I'm a born American. Call me an unpatriotic bastard, but I don't know how I feel about that anymore. I'm just a 13-year-old, so if you don't wanna listen to a stupid kid, stop reading now.
I totally support the ideas that the USA was founded on: free expression, equality, and the pursuit of happiness, but it seems to have created an arrogant flock of sheep, with our politicians as the shepards. I don't hate my country. I hate the people in it. Alright, that's a generalization. Most of the people in it.
This whole thing started with the Iraq arguments. It was a real eye opener. Especially with the France thing. Americans used this political argument as an excuse to express their dislike towards the French, who were simply voicing a political opinion. Plus, Americans also use the excuse, "We saved you asses in World War II." Well, yeah, but we also saved the British, in part Russians, European Jews, Belgians, and countless other people who had fallen or were about to fall under Hitler's rule. My point is, does anyone say we saved the Jews' asses in World War II when they don't agree with us? The French are a scapegoat for the Bush administration.
In this country, people call you unpatriotic if you express your opinion against a choice made by Bush, or the American people. The Dixie Chicks learned free speech was wrong in the eyes of Americans after they made a comment about Bush. Other celebrities face scorn and boycotting if they voice their political opinions as well.
I believe much of this has been orchestrated by the Bush administration with their new "Your either with us or against us" policy. Of course, that means I hate my country.
So, I'm an unpatriotic hippie jerk because of these ideals, right? No, I actually supported the Iraq war, I just didn't support the reasoning behind it. Saddam Hussein should have been deposed long ago.
Not only did Bush start the war for stupid reasons, but the whole thing was done incorrectly. We should have moved in with accurate intelligence and an amazingly huge overwhelming force. After the actual war, we should have immediately laid down the law and begun shooting looters and other criminals. While slamming down on crime, the troops should've been instructed to always act in a friendly and open manner to Iraqi citizens. Our first priority should have been to restore all of the needs to the Iraqi people. Right now, many of them are not content. If we had started taking requests from them right away, we could have quickly fixed the problems still facing Iraqis.
Oh well. Now we may be facing more fanatical Islamists and new supporters of the old government.
In this post, I have ranted from one thing to another, but I hope you've made it this far. Thats all I've got to say.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First off Danipog, I agree with what you are saying, for the most part.
I love my country, and will not let anyone tell me I'm unpatriotic. If you believe in the foundations of this country, then you belive in my opinion, Bush's opinion, the 'peace-loving hippie oppinion, etc.
We were built on the belief that everyone has the right to thier own own opinion, regardless of what that is. I therefore have the right to say "fuck Bush and HIS campaign against the middle east."
When did it become our job, as Americans, to decide whether or not a leader in a country halfway across the world, should be stricken from power?
This is why we built the U.N., is it not? We have always stuck our noses in other peoples bussiness, this is what you call 'Idependant Internationalist', better known as Imperialism.
So, in closing, if the U.N. had agreed that there was a threat, then I would have agreed with war, buyt since they didn't, "Fuck Bush and his war".
I support my president...Gore.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 39yrs • F
Fuck Bush. Damn straight.

75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Danipog,
Thank you for your opinion! Chill, chill Danipog, you'll get your chance sooner than you think! The President set up a counter weight in Iraq to counter Iran (on the East) and counter Syria (on the West). Both places are hot beds of Islamicists' Terroist Groups (they want to kill us). Also, to the South, resides Saudi Arabia (15 of the 19 terroists who took down the Twin Towers and part of the Pentagon) lived! The United States has a presence in the Middle East NOW! We can never let this happen again!
[www.reaney.us]

[  Edited by jakereaney at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I spent 14 years in the U.S. Navy. And I'm very patriotic. When I joined the Navy, I didn't love our country. I just had to get away from home. But the Navy did something to me. And now I love my courtry very much.

Now that the war is over, it is okay to freely speak your feelings. I have to say "Fuck Bush"

Hope the democrats find someone good soon so we can vote that bloody bastard out.

But hey - Jakereaney is right. We're already in this thing. May a great Ghandi come and save us, otherwise this may be long and bloody. I don't think we've seen nothing yet.

But we do have one chance left. To become oil independent. I'm dissapointed in th U.S. car companies who are draggon their feet on this. Anyone have any ideas how to possibly speed this up?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • F
What I have been thinking about is if someone made an "Individualist Party" where people had their own ideas and were not judged by their party membership. Everyone would be judged on what they though as an individual, not whether they were a Republican, Democrat, or some other party's collective thoughts. The goal of the party would be to dissolve the extremely partisan based system we have been living with now. People would support the candidates, not the party. I have not yet thought about how this Individualist Party would nominate someone, I sort of hoped there would be a way around this.
Of course, there are the "Independents" but I feel none of them are taken seriously in a race because many don't belong to a large party.
Maybe my individualist idea wouldn't work, but if people would stop judging others by what the party believes, I feel like we could have a fairer system.
I hate Bush, but I'd say I have some ideas that would be considered conservative. See, I just wish I could belong to a group of people who have one core belief in common: We all have different views, but often still a lot in common.

44yrs • M •
What the hell are you talking about? WTF? What you said has nothing to do with anything on this thread, leave your childish comments to yourself!

*above post deleted*

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 39yrs • F
Yeah I agree with wesdawgy... what ARE you talking about?

I happen to think Decius is an incredibly intelligent person, and I thought you were too, but here you show your immaturity.

*above post deleted*

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am with the both of them. I start to wonder what is up with your outbursts.

*above post deleted*

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 64yrs • M •
Gee Whiz - were did all this anger come from?

In a way there really is an independent system, but all the people have to work together to make it work. And it might even require a certain amount of persuasion. You can vote for anyone you want, even for someone who is not on the ballet. You can write there name in. However, the electoral college does not have to take your recommendation. So - it will probably never happen.

I'm an Independent - I sometimes vote democratic and some times I vote republican. Twice however I voted for Ross Perot.

The ranks of the Independents are growing while those who are republican/democrat are shrinking. According to the media, people are getting dissatisfied with all the back biting. It seems that all the republicans want to do is put down the democrats and all the democrats want to do is put down the republicans. It is sickening - but that's politics. I want to hear solutions, ideas, proposed policies. I don't want to hear about what the other person is doing wrong.

I think one way that we can easily, greatly improve the democratic process is by keeping the polls secret. Make polling illegal. It serves no purpose except, that some people who are insecure about themselves will vote the popular vote because they're unsure of themselves. To make the voting process more pure. Making sure everyone votes they're own mind. The polling process should be made illegal.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The US just need a 2 or 3 round system of electing candidates. That way people can vote for their favorite candidate in the first round (nader) and then vote for a more realistic candidate in the second round (gore).
Its like that in France, and people actually vote for the party they want.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 64yrs • M •
Interesting - 3 rounds might be to much. But a second try. But so much money is already spent on politcs. If there was a way to do it that won't cost more, it might be something to look at.

39yrs • F
Maybe if politicians spent less money on their crappy advertising during the race, it would be more affordable.

54yrs • M •
Storm is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
first of all why "f*** bush" this is stupid. I beleive in people having their own opinions, but that does not mean that when ever someone has their own ideas and the majority dislikes these ideas that they are bad or arrogant americans. bush is trying to make things better for americans. he obviusly knows more than you and i about all of americas problem. so stop making fun of him. we elected him and should respect his feelings. i think he did the world a wondeful liberty by killing saddams sons and making saddam run like a fucking baby. Sure you may dislike his ideas that does not make you unpatriodic, just means you have your own opinions. When people disagree this does not mean they are arrogant or mean and nasty, just means that they still fell like democracy works and we should back up the presedent in his opinions.

44yrs • M •
ROFLMFAO....storm,

Lets get something clear right now, ok? Do you or do you not believe in people having there own oppinions? You are VERY contradictory! In one line you say you "...believe in people having there own oppinions..." but after that you state that "...so stop making fun of him." Do you or do you not believe that everyone has a right to their own oppinions?
Please clear this up for me.
P.S. Fuck Bush

What has the US become?
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy