Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Regrets

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regrets
Is there anything in life that you wish you have dome diffrently?

Spent more time with certain people?

Maybee neglected friendships to the point where it has hurt the friendship?

I am afraid that is how I see meself right now. Sorry guys, you do mean alot to me, I will try to show it a little more in the future.

To past friends who may see this, I can wish all I want we may never play ball togethor again as we were then. Hopefully we can build a new team effort

46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rollergirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ah crap. i just wrote a nice long reply and then lost it.

grrrr! here we go again...

i have tried very consciously to live my life so that i wouldn't have any regrets... not sure how successful i've been at thus far.

since i have moved around a LOT, i have been fortunate to have many people come in and out of my life. many good people and some not so good. heh.

thinking back to the good friends i once knew and don't really keep in touch with anymore can be very saddening, but i am comforted by the fact that they will always be a part of who i am today. i'm very lucky in that respect - to have the influence of a lot of good people in my life.

i wish them all the happiness and good fortune they can handle.

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is there anything in life that you wish you have done differently?

I regret the fact that i never really spoke to my father before he died......i never knew if he really did love me, whether he was proud or not.....so what was the point in continuing to try with my education...? so i didn't.....now i've figuratively f*cked myself......and i don't think i'll get to uni....

thats just an abbreviated version of how one regret seems to snowball for me!

"my name says it all!"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Kookiekruncher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cute as smart as you are you can continue your education and be very good in whatever field you wanted to go into.

GO FOR IT

"Treat everyone as you would want to be treated"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its a bit late now kookie, my exams are in 3 weeks, i don't think ill quite recover...i learned my lesson too late

"my name says it all!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What are your exams in?

50yrs • F •
PoeticSoul is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Regrets... Deep down all have regrets but it is how we chose to live with those regrets that matters most.

We can either dwell on them and go no where in this existance... OR

We can accept that there are things we have all done that may or may not in retrospect been the best of actions... learn from them and move on.

In a summary I guess

Life is too short for regrets

"Humanity as a Whole... Pointless. Humanity if a TR"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gemini_Seven is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just remember, simply because one has something they would change doesn't mean it should be changed. All our decsions in life make up who we are and the altering of one event changes nothing. If one feels that there decsions in the past have been poor, one should not dwell on the past but alter future decsions

"I like maxims that don't encourage behaviour modification"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I understand that we are on the topic or regrets, and I would wish to lend my point of view on the topic. One reason I am typing this is that in the past month I have been doing a lot of things that I would really love to take back. My mistakes range from school, to relationships, to friends. It seems that I just didn't do what was right, and what was smart to do. I mean I am not saying I am super smart, and I sure some of you can tell by my spelling mistakes, but I try, I try to think before I act but latley I seem to be forgeting to do that. I think that the main reason that I regret is because I don't like the consequences of my actions (and when I say consequences I mean guilt, for example if I said something not nice to someone{as like a joke to get them to laugh} and they take it the wrong way, I could take getting yelled at and such, but I can't take the guilt of someone getting hurt at the expense of my carlessness). I feel like I did something stupid and that it didn't reflect my self image, or atleast the one I shoot for. I just don't think that what I did helped me go in the path of life that I really wish to take. I guess that is what regreting is all about. It is just not liking the consequences of your actions, maybe it was something that didn't reflect you, or something that you thought would of made your life better, more exciting, less strenuous. When you really think about it though, you might say I want to go back in time and change what I said, but really, if you did, do you really think you will be helping your life, or do you think that it really is better that you just leave it alone. People think that going back in time will help them, and sometimes it will, but you have to think, if you change one thing, everything up to the point you are at gets changed too, maybe a relationship that occured because of the event, or a new friendship, or a new memory. Also you have to think that when you change something, are you doing it for yourself, or for someone else? Are you doing it so that you don't have to deal with the consequence, or so that the other person doesn't have to feel the pain.

I guess that is all I really have to say, as you can tell I am kinda new, so if you have anything you would like me to do because of a pet peve or something just tell me.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do I regret? Hmm...How long is this thing?
I regret so much because I am a procrastinator, everything that I have to do comes around so quickly. I regret selling my first car, I should have just fixed everything that was wrong and went on from there. I regret screwing up my credit. I regret not treating my friend Dan the way he deserved to be treated before he died.

But all in all, "Whatever hurts you, only makes you learn from your mistake" or something like that...

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*originaly posted by Decius*

I don't think I have even one regret in regards to my own life. If I regretted anything, I wouldn't love who I am today, because everything I have experienced has made me who I am.

As for the other regrets... I find that in any moment of silence, I am filled with a longing to right all the wrongs i have done. I may not regret much, but what I do regret ruins me.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused, you say that you dont have any regrests in on one line, then you go on to talk about the ones you do have and how they affect you.

Elaborate please........

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regrets...Life, relationships, family, and friends. I think the most significant regret that I personally have is believing in people. Nothing or no one is ever what it/ they seem to be. I have learned and am still learning to try to accept people for what they portray, without digging to find the real side of them.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was wondering the same thing Decius, thanks for clarifying, I think everyone, whether they chose to admit it or not have a regret or two...
Lynnie-thats a good way to phrase it "...believing in people." Never thought about it that way.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think I regret everything that I have done in life. I know that if I were to take back time and take back the things that I regret I wouldn't be the same person today, or where I am today. In the same sense I believe that if I wasn't here, where I am today, there would be a lot of lives that would be a hell of a lot better. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life and I regret every one of them. But I also believe that the mistakes I have made have made me a sorta stronger person. I am a very weak person when it comes to friends and family. When they do something to piss me off I just take it lightly, and try not to let it bother me, but on the inside it hurts. I have let everyone walk all over me in the past and I am working on standing up for myself. That I think is my biggest regret, and it hurts, even today!!

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regrets are just learning experiences to make you strong!!!
Learn from them and they dont become regrets

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
Regrets
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy