Life isn't one thing after another. It's one goddamn thing over, and over, and over, and over... - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

American footballers are pansies - Page 3

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Only La crosse I get is College, and that has no contact in it.

As for UnderDawg, one problem for the soccer players. Football players wear cups.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I played football in high school and Rugby at Indiana. There is no comparison. Football is rougher and more dangerous. A) you can't block in rugby saving thousands of injuries to knees, etc. B) you can only tackle the one with the ball and most tackles are by grabbing with the arms instead of the spearing done by American footbal playes. Rugby players do need to be in better shape though, due to the non stop action.

75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
American footballers are STELLAR! Take off the equipment, like rugby pansies, and what do you get? Frenchmen?
Eldred

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ping Pong anyone?

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm in for the ping pong squat. I myself do like football and that is pretty unusual for a female. I also like racing, basketball and wrestling (even though most of it is fake). I have never had the pleasure of watching a rugby game, but soccer can get pretty burtal also.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ever since I moved in with my mom and stepdad, Im pretty into Football. .... It's fun and exciting.

Pad's or no pads, you cannot say that they are pansey's. Some of those dudes are huge and can do some seriouse dammage. Deffinatly a different game altogether than jugby.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Cheriss is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally this American could care less about Football of any country... But that could come from living in a town where the Main College is just down the road from me and every football season the entire city opts for the Ungodly annoying shade of orange of the tems colors to put EVERYWHERE. I have even heard of a man in my hometown that had a custom made "Big Orange" ball gown made for his wife... who promised to wear it to his funeral the following week. But thats my sports rant for today... Laters

"B**** Not just a Title Its a way of life"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im going to watch a footbal game tonight. My school is playing one of the other high schools in town. I must admit game days are fun. Everyoone at school dresses in the team colours, Blue and white. It's a lot of fun.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 34yrs • M •
gozzy13 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i must say that i absolutely hate american football i cant see where they get the name from most of the time they are carrying the ball makes no sense to me

"Newcastle United 4ever"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know this is going back quite a bit but i nearly wet myself i laughed so hard when i read idonotlisten's comment of "slighter built rugby types" im guessing the guy has never seen a rugby game or if he has was only looking at the backs who are the ones who do most of running, the forwards are generally the solid ones. in particular the south africans of maori descent are famed for it, they are known for what is called the "maori sidestep" which basically means running the person down because they are physically solid enough to push them out of the way.
Also going back a bit rugby is just as tactical as american football, and as far as i can tell no more of a free for all. it occasionaly looks it when they pile up after a tackle but mostly that is an attempt to push play in your opponents direction. american football also looks messy when are all tackling each other. as for tactical, rugby is very tactical, but they are just not provided with the regular intervals in which to discuss what to do next.

But going back on topic, neither type of player is a pansy, the difference is, that american footballers require the padding because they do more dangerous tackles, whereas rugby tackles are highly regulated to prevent injury.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that MizzXplicit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
pansy is a funny word.

"how.empty.of.me.to.be.so.full.of.you"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is an incredibly profound comment.

pansy is in fact a type of flower. Why it has come to mean someone who is lacking in strength or bravery i dont know.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
American footballers are pansies - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy