Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority. - Chilltime55
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Ring

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Ring
Okay, here we have a movie that I did not understand at the end. Throughout the whole movie it was making sense and all coming togethor quite well. The plot was thought out very well and the acting was very good. Having a few "scary moments" I found my self jumping too. It was more of a "BOO!" kinda scare where it was quiet and then bang something happens. There is however a on the edge of your seat series of events near the end of the movie that really leaves you disturbed.

Now the end of the movie I will have to just let you figure out on your own as I didnt understand it really. Overall I thought it was a decent movie.

7.5/10

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'd have to agree with you on the rating of this film, although i thought it was a little disappointing in its resolution at the end....

although, i had to ask my boyfriend to stay over that night as i was home alone and i have lots of televisions in my house....

"my name says it all!"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rollergirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm horrible with scary movies.

won't watch it. nope. nuh-uh.

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that melon_gibson is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I quite like bein scared, and generally like horror films, I'm a bit of a movie freak, and you can see my favourite movie at the moment on my pic. Film that scared me most was The shining when I was younger, I practically cried myself to sleep. LOL but I was a bit too young to watch it then.

"Live by the sword die by the sword"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that shadowcult is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love a good scary movie because, really I'm not scared of anything sept black gangs ß but that's another story. The ring was good it made me jump 'once' that's an A+ in my book. What was the ending all about? Well you see the only reason the woman did not die is because she made a copy of the film. And at the end made her son make a copy also, the other guy however did not make a copy and there is why he died and not the woman.

Now on the other hand fear dot com sucked up the anus, total snooze fest. I was very displeased.

"Emotions are for the weak minded, so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it."
 37yrs • F •
jitterbug is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Quick question
how did the little girl make the original tape in the first place?

""7,000 people dying of Aids in Africa is not a cause it's an emergency"-Bono"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I loved it, scared me too. I'd give it a 9/10 in the Horror genre only.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 55yrs • F •
GGiblet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Have any of you seen the movie Ringu? This is the Japanese film the movie Ring was based on. I feel it was a much more logical story (it sticks to the story in book one.) The horror is there, the scares and everything, but the people behave more logically. Plus, no distubing and pointless horse murder scene!

"Ni hao! Love all sentient beings"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm not really into scary movies but so far The Ring is my favorite one ... i liked everything about it

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • F •
Rean is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The Ring: American version or chi? if it's the american ver.,well it's not that scary and it's really mind boggling although after i've seen it my phone rang at exactly midnight and geez it gave my the freak. while the chi version, haven't seen it but love to watch it, my sisters said it's pretty cool.

""reasons why people loves to hate me""
The Ring
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy