Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Michael Jackson and his new album

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If he is to put out a new album, I think he should make it a very upbeat and fast paced album along the lines of thriller. His past few albums have been slower and as we know have not done very well. He needs a few songs that have a wicked beat (like he usually does) and be faster. I think if he does this his career will take off again.

Now that his "personal" life has been somewhat cleared up he now has the chance to succeed once again.

My opinion on him is that he has never done any wrong doing. I think the media has severely exploited him of the past decade. As for his surgeries. Who cares, its his face. I think he is one of the best performers of ALL time and should keep going in his career.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rollergirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree. he truly is the "king of pop" and his hard work deserves every success that comes his way.

the media has done a very unfair job of representing (and smashing) his reputation to the public.

however, he did survive a very abusive childhood and even normal people don't get through stuff like that without some scars. i think mr. jackson carries emotional baggage in the form of physical and mental disorders. i don't care that he altered his face because his dad would make fun of his big nose and he had a lot of zits as a teenager. but the fact that he so vehemently denies it (and believes what he's saying) is an indication that something isn't quite right upstairs.

i don't doubt that he has never laid a finger on any of the kids that sleep over at his place. i think he views the "sleepovers" as just that and sees himself as one of the kids. not as a grown adult whom society would frown upon for having children not related to him in his bedroom. if he was a woman, it would be different. if he was 12, it would be different. i don't think he's even capable of malicious intent.

he reminds me of a little boy trying to be a grown-up. i hope he really is like peter pan and gets to stay in neverland forever and never grow up.

do you think he actually WILL release a new album?

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."
[  Edited by rollergirl at   ]
 45yrs • M •
I really hope so, I mean cmon, money will run out one day, no?

46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rollergirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not when he's living off royalties... that's got to be a multi-million dollar industry right there.

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Definitely agree that he should've put out something more old MJ-ish. This new stuff is him trying to merge with today's popular music (which I hate). I thought his attempts to merge pop with rock in the early 90s kicked ass though, in fact Dangerous was my favorite MJ album (Bad was 2nd, Thriller was 3rd). Dunno what happened since that glorious Dangerous album

38yrs • M •
Coopz_99 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think its unfair to critise his new stuff. Firstly as think4yours... : pointed out dangerous was in fact the best album he has done. secondly his stuff after that has not been that bad look at the history album. Songs like earth song, You are not alone, they don't really care about us, stranger in Moscow and Money were all gd on the History album. Then on the Blood on the Dancefloor album Morphine, History remix, Blood on the dancefloor and Ghosts were all gd. Then on his invincible album Rock my world, Cry, Invincible and Unbreakable were all gd. The fact of the matter is no matter what he does what type of music he tries he does it well.I hope he does make a new album he was reported speaking 2 R-Kelly about his succesfull comeback> whether it does relies on wether the song 2 launch the album is any gd. As all his songs that launched his albums before Blood on the dance floor did well. Regardless i wud buy it anyway so i think he shud

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's hard to debate music, since it's all a matter of personal taste. My view is that while he had good songs on every album he has put out since Dangerous, he has put out very little that was really mind blowing. I thought Dangerous and Bad both had several songs that were rediculously good, AND a few others that were just good. Since Dangerous, he has only put out only 1 song that makes my top 10 MJ list, and that is They don't care about us. The rest are at least a class below, if not more. Rock my world is good, especially to dance to, but it is not the kind of song you'd be talking about 10 years later. If all his albums were like History, Blood on the dancefloor, and Invincible, IMO he wouldn't be half the legend he is today.

41yrs • M •
dclark is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i feel the same way about him having to do a thriler like album. i think he needs pharrell williams production. you know, that feel good music. the beats he has used over the last album sucked and sounded too early 90's with the way the snares and the drums sounded. i wanna here those "sunset or dusk" songs like human nature, p.y.t, another part of me, thats what you get (for being polite)! you know what im saying?!? that feel good music cause his voice sync so well with those type of songs! i dont wanna hear the "sit around the campfire with tree huggers" type music he's been making. He and pharrell will make a deadly combination! trust me!

45yrs • M •
Has anyone seen the movie?

I have yet to see it but will once its released on video.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy