Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you think about the rascism ? Can it disappear ?

User Thread
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that laneor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe the rascism exist cause somepeople are too much pridly of themselves, their countntries,traditions (it is normal) and when they see a person different of them they frightened cause they think he will change their habits(religion,language ect...) Or maybe they don't like the physicals diferrences and if it that the rascism won't disappear .

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe fear is definately a factor, but I also think it's a problem of education as well as understanding. Most racists are stupid and this is because it takes one intelligent racist, who, like Decius said, has racism based on fear. This insecure, yet intelligent, racist will of course recruit for his cause to compensate for the problems in his life. A majority of racists are stupid, they are basically sheep that are being herded. These stupid people could just as easily become contributing parts of a society if they were given a good direction growing up. It's just the way the sheep are herded, it all depends on their shepard as to what direction they will go.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Racism though, has disappeared quite a bit...in the united states anyway. Some countries use racism as fuel - check out the middle east and the work they are doing against us.

One day, eventually..many many years from now, I think its going to disappear - only because people will keep mixing together and blending into one another - it's going to be really hard to determine anybodys race. Its already to that point in a lot of places. You cant just look at a person anymore and lable them as only Irish or only black or only white or Asian or Mexican or whatever.

Of course, Im sure we will have found a new way to spark hate amongst ourselves by that point.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Harper Lee is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FreakishOne- I like the warmth and open-mindedness of your over all statement (if only everyone thought like that)-- however I found your first comment problematic--

I think "we" should be careful with agency-- who is speaking for whom.

I wonder if minority cultures also feel racial intolerance is disappearing (quite a bit)?

59yrs • M •
IrishPagan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Racism will, unfortunatly, never disappear totally. Even if the human race melds into one mixed race, there will be slight differences that will be picked out. Blonds might be the target, or brown eyed people, or as happenes with some people within the black community today, the different shade of a person's skin.
Why wont it disappear completly?
Quite simply, children learn much more by example.
Even if a parent struggles not to pass their burden onto their children, those young people will notice that grimice on dad's face whenever a particular race of person goes by, they will notice the sudden tensness in Mommy whenever an obviously gay person goes by, for examples.
In my opinion, it cannot disappear totally. The best we can hope for is to socially ostracize that emotion, and urge it underground.

33yrs • F •
I love the manner of Freakishone thinks but it is too unreal and "utopic" (sorry i don't know the english wrd) . But i don't think the rascism is increasing , but it could be good if it is .

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But i don't think the rascism is increasing , but it could be good if it is .

How on earth would it be good if it were increasing?

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
 33yrs • F •
Sorry, I mean it is good if the rascism is going down and not increasing .

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that, we have a really broad spectrum on which we judge people, and, from the first impression to a more behavioural level.

There most likely will always be a difference in language, as well as body language, behaviour, style and inherent body structure.

We need this difference to be understood. The customs and traditions culture imprints on us do so differently, but equally.

Not until we've amalgamated all the different genetic imprints, the cultural and traditional influences, will we see a day where we are truly equal...

At the moment, across the world, we are very different creatures, and so, as different creatures we need to understand what makes us different (to be together properly).

We are different, and we need to embrace this... it's just unfortunate, due to fear or whatever, we see this difference as an obstacle, rather than a welcome challenge to be at one with that which is different...

Racism can sometimes be considered just someone's reaction to that which is different. The qualities which make the difference can be blown out of proportion, or seen as a bit too novel, superficial, rather than embraced in a deeper understanding.... There is a problem there, but, we are just 'human' after all. We can and do overcome this problem...

Part of the problem comes from how others ('role models', etc.) influence us... This can be one of the more difficult pressures to think around, as we often feel compelled to think a certain way (due to 'peer pressure')...

No one is immune, but we can remedy things by just understanding people are different, but we are equally different from each other... There is no 'normal', or 'middle-ground', just a feeling that we need to value each other. That's the feeling we most need to realise and work with...

"There is no negative one..."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with you Black Gold.

Its difficult for me whether to answer this problem, if we wish to call it that, scientifically or philosophically. I will try and answer it personally and hopefully you can be the judge of where it fits and its worth.

Where there is difference, there will be a judge to that difference. I'm talking within (intra) the human race. Now, in evlution studies we have the idea of survival of the fittest. And by its merit, we could argue that those with the best attributes that constitute to the general success of that general species will be favoured and those less desireable will be petered out. That exists, let us say, for those species lower down the food chain.

However, I believe, its a belief, I don' think I could judtify it to you, that within nature those who are nearer the top of the food chain, or to be exact, those at the top of the food chain have a slightly different set of rules. That's because, rather than outside influence, the influence is from within. Now as I say, we are within nature. Due to this, the problem becomes more, into the psychological domain than the physiological domain. And this stems up to the top of the human race; those at the top, seem to have more pyschological weight. Now we enter the realm of what determines what is part of this pyscholigcal manifestation?

This is more tricky. From experience, and from what I see as respect between the highest leaders in different education and sporting (though less) and political domains seems to be their effectiveness of wisdom underlying which is a kind of respect for all humans. Due to slight situations and propoganda and educational flaws, and personal judgment flaws, generalities come into play and groups are formed. The hardest thing now comes about for the person who loves people and yet they find themselves forced to have to make a chioce between two things who are different (e.g. whites and blacks, protestants and roman catholics and muslims and christians).

Personally its my wish that one day all these people come together. And I'm sure all people feel this deep down. I find myself in a situation I don't like; where my wisdom for what could be and my wisdom of what is can't seem to blend. And thats a reeal shame. But its the truth.

It is my hope, and that's what I have because I'm short of answers I'm afraid, that we can all get along happily. For now we must, individually, as people, start with ourselves, and then it can stem to family, friends, and wider. Just remember, equality means just that; apply it personally; I'm afraid I can't influence major politicians and religions but at least know that if you want to be the best there is, philosophically and, though I haven't really sone this very well, arguablly biologically or scientifically, we must each of us stand for equailty; a level respect for each other and for ourselves.

""No words""
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Probably not. It's equivalent to asking: Will 'LOVE' eventually disappear. I think your question is idealistic in nature in the same sense as "Will there ever be world peace, Will people ever stop killing?"
To have all the positive emotions and eradicate the negative is impossible. So, you take the good, along with the bad.

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fear isn't the only thing that fuels racism. Ignorance plays a role as well. For instance if you didn't know much about black people and then one day a black person robbed you, an ordinary person would make rash conclusions. Or they will tell the story to someone and he replies don't worry about it black people rob everyone. It spreads like wild fire. People start talking and it multiplies particularly with women. It doesn't matter if it ain't true it only matters if it could be true. People don't know people and that's what scares them. If you hang out with all white people yeah a black person might scare you. If you hang out with all black people yeah a white person might scare you...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well kind of...I wouldn't really call it fear almost more human nature. People believe it or not really do naturally fear the unknown. It's like you know nothing about it and then from the peak you see you try to use it to find answers when really evidently it isn't true. Conclusions are made before conclusions should be made. It's like when you go to a major fast food restaurant. You go because you know what to expect. Oh jeez what am I going to get at this mcdonalds. Hm maybe a bigmac. But you might be hesitant to go say to another restaurant because you don't know what to expect. I could see people going do you think the food is good? Well I don't know oh look there's a Mcdonalds lets all grab a big mac. Or another example is mainstream music. People like name brand music because they know what to expect. Yeah lets hit up some Snoop Dog and top it off with some Dr.Dre.It's funky.(please don't continue the next post with I don't listen to mainstream music seriously good for you but your one personand your group of friends is no more than a hundred). Anyway the whole point of this is that people don't really fear black people or other races it's just that they know nothing about it and don't care to learn anything about it.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are the forms of fear that create racism innate? If we abolish fear can we rid ourselves of hate completely? So much of fear is obtained through learned behaviors, which are passed on from generation to generation. Perhaps this is why racism survives.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • F •
I am agree with you Wyote because , if your mum is rascist you will be it too , cause all the children take their parents for example but sometimes their are not a good example but when you are a child you cant know that

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy