Only when the human race stops growing in numbers, and starts growing in character, will it have taken a true step toward genuine happiness. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

You Are Not A Feminist If... - Page 2

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
quote:
Is it inconceivable to you that many women actually love the things you deride?

There are many women, and I know many myself, who say 'I love make up' with plenty of cheer and seeming happiness in their voice. But the majority of women who say this and feel as through they 'love' these things don't actually love makeup. What they love is the 'fix' it provides them. When they look at their natural faces, they have a deep seated self insecurity or self hatred. But wearing make up and looking more like the glamorous people that society deems as respectable/worthy human beings, covers up that self insecurity/self hatred. So when they say they love make up, they think they 'love' it because it provides them with an an escape from feeling ugly. But that's all it is. An escape. Not a solution. That's why women act like they love getting model type make overs - the more effective the make up the greater the escape.

Additionally, my post is not about 'deriding' makeup, you seem to constantly misconstrue what I write in favor of skewing it according to what you think it is that I am saying, rather than actually tring to understand what I have written. This thread is about feminism and the signs of not being a feminist. If you disgree with the any of the points in my original post, clearly state what point you disagree with and why.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what you're saying is that all women are all victims all the time and that men are the eternal perpetrators of this victimization?

I HAVE studied gender at university. I WAS a feminist.

You call yourself a humanist, but thus far have saddled up the sad old tropes that men have everything handed to them and never get the shaft on anything.
http://www.edweek.org/media/every100girls-32boys.pdf

This fails to cover a great many things. A great many.

Turns out that gender roles screw both genders, very badly. You say you're all about equality, act like it.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 42yrs • F •
Interesting how I have not said one word allocating the inequality of women to men, yet despite this, I am being attacked as though that was true.

When you, or anyone else for that matter, is able to put aside your own bias, your own misconceptions about the topics that I have bought forth, then a legitimate discussion can take place. But it seems that so far, the harsh reactions you exhibit are your own insecurities/issues/fears talking. Please keep your false accusations out of my thread - they do not further discussion, they only serve to derail the topics I have bought forward. This is a discussion, not a place for you to vent your frustrations through attacking someone else.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Inata is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually I think Dawn is making a very valid point that some here haven't grasped. It isn't, as she already said, about deriding make-up or anything it is about the people who claim to be feminists and advocate it even though they are following the same pressures society puts upon women.

"“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland"
 63yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that sunonleaves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't like labels in any case, and i agree with the OPs assessment of feminism.
as a bisexual woman i find it difficult to fit into either side, so i don't bother.
i am just me. a person. gender is really irrelevant.
in my opinion you get the respect you command in life. not demand, command.

You Are Not A Feminist If... - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy