One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Falklands and graveyards.

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rainman05 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/falklandislands/9
441941/Argentine-war-cemetery-in-Falkland-Islands-vandalised.html

I'm using this article to drop in some back story.
Several months ago, argentine starting obsessing over the Falklands. They claimed that the Falklands should be theirs... and not the UK's. the UK said that no... the Falklands is their... and then a diplomatic showdown started. The peak of the event came about when Prince William went the to Falklands in a "training exercise". But afterwards... everything got toned down. Everything seemed to be quiet for the past few months...

Until this happened.

I don't care who you are. I don't care what nationality you are or what loyalties you have... you NEVER desecrate a cemetery. Those people died fighting for what they believed in and they deserve to be honored because they had the guts and the will to stand up for something. Its important to note that it is not known who were the perpetrators. Were they british? Were they argentinians? Were they something else? Were they sponsored to do this or were they acting independent? Was it one, or were they multiple? I used "they" here but it could have been just one drunk teenager... or it could have been something staged by a government or an organization to reheat tensions.

Either way. I am just expressing my disgust towards such actions.

I guess this topic has 2 lines of inquiry really.

1. What do you think about the Falklands and the tensions it raised between the UK and Argentina? I personally think Argentina should stfu and mind its own business. Then again... the UK is not doing very well as it is either. Though if it ever comes to down to a conflict, the UK will win, hands down.

2. What are your opinions over cemeteries and their sanctity. I find that cemeteries are holy ground and like a religious institution, deserve to be protected against all aggression by all people, regardless of religion. I find that there is no reason what so ever to destroy a cemetery, conceal a burial ground or anything of the sort. And yes, I do say this in regards to controversial graves and people. I find that any nation which hides from the fear or a ghost is a nation that begs to be haunted for eternity.

[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy