Jargon allows us to camouflage intellectual poverty with verbal extravagance. - David Pratt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Accidental Effect Vs Intended Effect

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the middle of my sit and think time, the time I was just enjoying only moments before I bagen battling with this intense feeling of, "watch what you say" I stumbled across an anomoly is communicating with people that I found really interesting.

Intended Effect- The desired effect of an action.

Accidental Effect- The undesired effect of an action.

Replace action with communication. I will say that right now I have a very intended tone in my head, that I am using in order to feel good about what I am saying, it is a pleasent and happy tone, a calm tone, and a peaceful tone. It is also some what humorous sounding. I am doing this for myself more than the reader. For the reader, I am trying to be clear and enjoyable to read, but all in all, I am just trying to speak as I would if I were saying it. I am also over explaining.

My intention in this thread is that you come to the realization that often when we speak our intentions are not the end result of something. So the reason why I am over explaining and trying to be enjoyable to read, is because I want so badly to be understood here, and my subconcious is so aware of the accidental effect of what I say to people, that I have conciously said to myself, there is an accidental effect, and an intended effect.

I have probably had a lot of effects on readers of this thread, and most of them probably were not my intention.

This seems like such an uncontrolable thing, that it makes me feel like I no longer want to consider the accidentla effect. But if I do this, I know that I will be less aware of possible accidents, and then my point, my intended result, will not be understood.

No matter what, it seems I am fated to follwing this anomoly.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the closer we are to being fully realized beings the less of a gap there is between our intended effect and the actual effect.

How many times in our lives do we suddenly become aware of some inefficient way our impulses and needs are being channeled?

The more we realize and become conscious of what is actually going on (not what we think is going on or what we wish were going on), like a finely sharpened tool our actions are capable of a higher level of precision and focus - they more frequently bring about what we intend.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Great point.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy