Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What would you do with a week to live?

User Thread
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am on the brink of discovering whether i have a terminal illness which will affect my heart. Giving me with treatment 5 years. I don't know if i've got it. But honestly, I'm not that worried. I'm just interested to see what you would do if you found out you were going to "kick the bucket." Personally, if i had a week, which i have already discussed with my girlfriend, I would go over hers and i would spend my savings on Weed. Then do other stuff inappropriate for this thread.......
What would you do?

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 92yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that kowalskil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What would I do? I would try to organize my papers to simplify things for those left behind. I would also write to those who I think would like to read what I think in this new situation.

That is about all I can think about the situation. Good luck, The HollowMan275. Keep in mind that wrong medical predictions are not uncommon.

Good luck,

92yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that kowalskil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1) OOPS, I forgot to identify myself,

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
Professor Emeritus
Montclair State University, USA

2) I a am new on this website. Can someone explain to me two things:

a) How to create a signature file?

b) How to quote (from posted messages) with the QUOTE button? Selecting first and pressing QUOTE did not work for me.

Thank you in advance.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A rare form of Marfan's syndrome, a condition which causes dilation of the aortic valve. Accelerated due to a severe scoliosis. (that is if i have it, which i will wind out in two weeks, following two echo-cardiograms, 4 more X-rays and my GCSE results) Thank you kowalskil. I am aware of this, yet a genetic test for the disease determines pretty succesfullly im afraid.

28yrs • M •
Also Kowalskil, may I say I am impressed that you have lead such an interesting life. And thank you again for your support.

40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would spend time with loved ones, of course. While being there, in the moment more than I'd ever been, I'd likely find a hyper-consciousness (real or imagined) that would bring great peace, I imagine. I'd get my 'soul' in order for the answer to the great riddle.

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 28yrs • M •
Well I'm not dying. Its just tachycardia, which is extremely annoying but not fatal. However, I could need surgery on my spine. Which is wonderful news. Well to be honest it doesn't make much difference because the I'm going to discover the answer to the "great riddle" whether it's tomorrow or in 60 years doesn't really matter to me.

40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmmm, well, try to be positive. And don't respond with semi-rebuttals to the hypothetical. Also, quoting me there seemed a bit smug on your end. You have a superior catch phrase for this thing we call existence? Share

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 28yrs • M •
I was more feeling smug because I wasn't dying than because of your phrase. I don't have a superior phrase, merely a severely F'd up philosophy which is better left to another thread.....

49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BSR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've thought about this a lot. Having served in a fighting force and seeing combat action, I've seen death in the most grusome ways.

Death is not a wall, it's a door. It's my opinion of the Here-After and why not to be afraid, but welcome it and make the most of what you got here.

My last week, I'd be a vindictive SOB, seeking revenge on those that have done me and my family wrong.

Selfish. Yes.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that HissyFit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd head to some beautiful, peaceful, isolated place, where I could simply be alone with nature ... and I'd wait there, calmly, with a sense of relief that this life would finally be over.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rainman05 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
@hollowmen: ur age indicates you're 17. I'm 23, I don't have such thoughts...

anyway, if I had 1 week left to live... well, if I would be working on something important to me, I would try to finish it in time. Thankfully, I have such a project in development now, but I am not dying .

If I wouldn't have any such thing, I would just try to pass on a nice memory to my friends and loved ones. In order to alleviate the pain of my passing.

42yrs • F •
Decius, in light of your revelating idea, I now know what I would do if I had a week left to live.

I would try to get pregnant as surely as possible.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy