Why drive a mile when you can jog a Mile? Because jogging is a pain in the ass. -
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

When People Stood Up

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When People Stood Up
This is a link to the full video (wouldn't let me embed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV7GSff4fIA

The Weather Underground
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
The reason why I posted this is because right away in watching the movie I found myself very disturbed in how conflicted I am.

The main points behind the philosophy of this group is that after the failure of non violent activism to stop the killing of millions of innocent vietnamese, after no government action would be taken to stop it, after the masses of people whose voices are supposed to be represented and acted upon are ignored, countered, silenced, jailed, assassinated, by their own police and government.

What are the people supposed to do to stop a war of agression in their name?

Interestingly, regardless of the poignancy and current relevance of this question, it was the founding fathers who answered it.

They are the ones who told us it was our patriotic duty, if we wish to be free and our government to be ruled by the people, that we must create a revolution.

Our constitution states that if our government violates our god given rights that we must overthrow it.

Which is all well and good in theory, but obviously a practical issue.

Hence my dilemma.

And as the weather underground's struggle shows, that kind of violence isn't the answer, it solved nothing.

But I am sick to my stomache with how much harm my runaway government and its passively colluding constituants are causing.

If the people had the facts this would be different. If they were forced to take responsibility for their governments actions, this would be different. If the politicians were held accountable, this would be different.

And that is why I still focus on the importance of education, of forcing transparency in government, and accountability. But the people must be made to feel responsible for their governments actions.

Why are we and the world failing so miserably on this.

What do we have to do to get truth and sanity back in this world?

Do we realize its been 10 years now? More and more fighting, slaughtering is more accurate.

And I hope all you Obama Hope and Changers are enjoying us bombing Lybia on Obama's command, while still in afghanistan, while still in Iraq.

And you just wait, when the economy does the bailout burst that is inevitable, once the dollar is officially dropped as the world reserve, then you will see. Then you will wish you had done something.

Then it will be too late.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
The Most Dangerous Man In America

Dan Ellsberg who stole and published top secret Pentagon papers and won a Supreme Court case defending the first amendment doing it, then when retried for conspiracy and more, got the case thrown out for exposing Nixon's illegal acts in trying to smear him.

This is more like what I want to see.

The Hawk turned Dove who chose to give a voice to the people over tyranny and lies, death and destruction.

46yrs • M

When People Stood Up
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy