Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

America is an imperialistic empire!

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just finished writing a paper about how America is an imperialistic power. Examples of this include how America uses its influence in international organizations such as the IMF to get nations to agree to the Washington consensus. Once a nation needs a loan they must agree to the IMF's Washington consensus and must adapt to its policies including free trade. Once the boarders are open up industries must compete on an equal basis as other nations. In some industries they are actually at a disadvantage such as in agriculture because first world nations heavily subsidize their farmers which is not allowed to nations following the Washington consensus. Free trade allows American and EU transnational corporations to open shop in developing nations and exploit the country while paying little to no taxes.

The United States invaded Iraq to impose a puppet government which will allow transnational corporations to seize Iraq's oil. It is clear their was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction the original reason to controlling the region.

This in my opinion clearly shows that the United States is using their hegemonic power to become an imperialist nation whether they dominate countries economically or militarily or politically through international organizations.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is a journalist called 'John Pilger' who I respect he has done lots of documantries on this subject, they are free to watch on google video.

"I hungry"
 36yrs • M •
Yeah the states is Fucked! Glad to live in Canada!

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You do realize that Saddam ignored TWENTY THREE SANCTIONS to allow the U.N. to search for them right? We did however find weapons that were expired. So he had them but he just kept them hidden for so long they expired.....For you it seems thats the same thing as not having any.

"334jui8"
 36yrs • M •
Actually just prior to the second Iraq war he allowed weapons inspectors in. America in turn said it is to late war must already happen because too much preparation had already been undergone, too late to turn back. America new then that Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction and invaded anyway. There is a reason that only Britain helped invade Iraq and that's the lack of evidence!

Man almost every country in the world has weapons of mass destruction, He only had expired weapons which in other words were nothing!

The only reason the Iraq war happened was for oil! If you believe in any other reason you are a media washed whore!

37yrs • M
If he let them in why did they still think he had them? Or at least what did they say was the reasoning?

"334jui8"
 36yrs • M •
It was only like two or three days prior to invasion and the United States said it was too late they were already planning on invading.

The reasoning was all bull shit and that's why no other country aided in the invasion except Britain.

37yrs • M
Oh so you mean that for the 8 months or so after declaring war and deciding to invade he decides oh I guess you can come now AFTER I moved what I needed. It was a slap in the face dousche bag move on his part.

"334jui8"
 36yrs • M •
No I'm saying that 3 days prior to invasion Iraq warranted weapons inspectors into the country and America said it was too late and invaded anyway.

Americans are so "pride blinded" that they do not see the evils their country does!

37yrs • M
Okay I just checked....so the facts are that in oct 2002 congress allowed war just ONE month later he allows them in, in Nov. Now the invasion didn't begin until 6 months later. Also they did NOT find weapons of any sort til like 2008 that were expired but were there. Also people admitted to telling Bush and senior members that they KNEW they had them before Bush or Congress decided to go into war in the first place. So with that in mind it's only logical using your system of logic that you would then decide that the war was for another reason and the line "it's too late" was just a line that actually meant we are comin no matter what it's already decided in our heads....so at this point is it safe to assume that's all you personally know? What if somehow it was the MOST important strategic spot in the world for the saftey and prosperity for western civilization? Who knows why they went at this point. Oil is one theory but we have A ton of it here and in Alaska that we choose not to take even though its proven that there wont be even the smallest of impacts on the wildlife as long as no cities or industry outside the oil spring up around it. Maybe they really did just feel the need to liberate a country and spread Democracy creating allies and bettering the average life of the world as a whole...cause we all know no one ever wants somethin bad to happen to someone that brings them money.

"334jui8"
 37yrs • M
I'd also like to say isn't Iraq pretty much governing it's self as a democratic free nation now? The violence there is from the extremists who are bigots racists sexists and a number of other things viewed as negative by the majority of western culture?. An Islamic < I say this because some idiots have said "Those people will always fight and there will never be peace there" >nation that once gassed its own people <Not the peoples choice but the dictators> is now a self governing free nation ready to thrive and prosper in just a decade. These are the things that have been reported on by most everyone as of late...and the media has drawn nothing but negative attention to the war up until now. So either it's true or they don't wanna make this administration look bad and they DID wanna make the last look bad...or things are pretty good there and are only getting better. However I've never been there and do not personally know. Are there any Iraqis here that would like to share first hand how it's goin? Would love to know.

"334jui8"
 43yrs • M •
Iraq was never a clear and present danger, the country has been in a strangle hold of sanctions since the end of the first Iraq war.
Iraq lost to Iran its next door neighbour when it was rich powerfull and had full support of the US in the 80s.
The main threat it had to the US was that it wanted to sell oil in Euros instead of US dollars.

"I hungry"
 36yrs • M •
Well even if the Iraq war was justified which it really is not there is still many things to which America can be described as a modern imperialist. For instance America's control of international corporations which force nations to subscribe to the Washington consensus. They still dominate those countries economically. They control their economic plans.

37yrs • M
Well to be honest to me it seems like corporations are assuming controls of everything that is America. We used to be FOR THE PEOPLE. The people however aren't willing to work for democracy it seems they are for feeding their fat faces and buying as many things as possible which is what is giving those corporations all their international power while assuming everything will just work out right.

It's also the other countries own greed and desire to first obtain fat faces then feed them just as the average American seems to be pre occupied with. If they didn't buy our product our product wouldn't be there. If no one buys their products they have no power. It's that easy. Corporate rule is 100% a result of the greed apathy and ignorance of the average person all across the world.

Just because American founded Corporations are spreading their tentacles across the planet doesn't mean it's AMERICANS. In my opinion preserving the United States as a free and sovereign nation would mean we would have to put special limitations of powers on the corporations just as we have done with our government. How many Americans that aren't in gigantic corporations out there spreading things across the world...besides missionaries and peace keepers....If anything it's not American Imperialism It's Corporate Imperialism that grew from our great economy like a cancer that is out of control.

"334jui8"
 43yrs • M •

"I hungry"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy