We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dealing with egoistic people

User Thread
 94yrs • M •
zanpaktou is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi guys! This is my first post(I guess ) in this forum and I've really enjoyed reading things here. I would really like to thank all the people who have been posting here and made a difference in people's lives

I actually stumbled across this site when my life was down in the dumps and was searching for ways to improve my life. There is so much I have learned from this forum and till date have been able to incorporate things into my life, though the advise was given to someone else who have more or less the same problem.

Though I've learned so many things, sometimes I find it tough to deal with certain things probably because I haven't come across a difficult situation for a long time and some situations and people have made me change the approach to certain things. One such thing which I'm stuck right now is, dealing with a highly egoistic person.

I'm a guy and I'm part of a project in college which has 3 girls. One of the girl has become a serious pain to all of us. This has influenced the other 2 to a certain extent as well .She's an extremely egoistic person and refuses to do her share of work related to the project. It's always a "you do it my way or you do the whole thing on your own" thing.

Till now, I covered a lot of ground regarding the project and quite honestly, I'm exhausted. I'm tired of being a mouse pad of doing almost all the work(mostly collecting the exact information for the project) I've tried talking to her, but she's extremely arrogant and flatly refuses to do her work. It's too late to quit the group and join another. She's influenced the other 2 girls so much that even they are not doing their share of work.

I don't mind working hard, but it's the ego and the harshness which is killing me. Most have told me that it's best to endure whatever it is right now and finish the project rather than talk sense to her. It's just a span of 2 more months and finishing it off, but dealing with a person who is hot-headed, egoistic and who has the nerve to argue about technical things which she isn't even aware of is quite pissing and draining.

The main reason which is making this whole situation all the more irritating is, before I could team up, I used to like that girl and had heard quite good things about her. I usually do my homework before doing anything and based only the "facts" did I agree to join the team. Has this "liking her" phase made me more critical about her? I got to hear very recently that she never was like this and has changed so much and it's quite shocking. Generally being an assertive guy, I'm not able to deal with her anyway. Please help.

I'm sorry if I sound like a small kid and my english doesn't sound good.. It's just that I don't feel that seething rage which I had towards her just 24hours ago. Probably I could have written a more concise explaination about the situation had I been boiling....

94yrs • M •
zanpaktou is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanks a lot for looking into my post Decius I know I sound like a 12-year old ranting about his friend, but I'm quite old and when I was writing the post, I was quite irritated and didn't know exactly what to write. I was at a loss for words. Btw, english is not my native tongue

Decius, I've heard about people who really don't work hard will not able to surpass the ones who work hard. As a contrary(unfortunately) I see so many people who are doing so much better in their lives by doing little or no work. While the hard working ones(atleast a few) don't get the respect and the attention which they deserve. For example, lot of people don't care what they are studying. Yet, most of them have to bag plum jobs. The most dissappointing thing is, they don't know the basics which they are supposed!! How is all this happening?

94yrs • M •
Just when I thought that I had understood the world a little better, i've actually not. Life has a lot to teach me I guess

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you should tell that bitch off. Let her have it, people like that have such big ego's that they don't even realize that there hurting people. It's important to let her know because she may not even have realization of what a bitch she really is.

I agree with Decius that cheaters don't prosper, well maybe if you cheat all the time. Someone who cheats only a percentage of the time will probably do better in that someone who plays by the rules all the time does not experience living on the other side, the life of breaking rules. However, people who only break the rules will never know how to do things honestly and fail like decius said because they will never experience the truthful and honest life. My advice is have balance in your life.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy