Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Simple Question

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
jhenning1214 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Simple Question
Has the theory I guess you can call of it "if you love something let it go and if it comes back its true love" ever actually worked for anyone?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel like my answer is relevant enough so sorry if it's not a direct answer to your question.

I think the quote you presented is more of an approach to relationships. In the sense that if interests and feelings are mutual, then you shouldn't have to make someone want to stay and if they do leave, they will come back as long as they really do feel the same.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess you could take it to the extreme, and not clear up a misunderstanding, causing the loved one to get the wrong impression...

Then again, you could discover the misunderstanding far too late, at a point when you've moved on to far.

Perhaps, as a practice of caution, try and clear up any important aspects of the relationship before giving your loved one some space...
Although I have found getting the full story isn't always easy...

"There is no negative one..."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I've never actualy tryed it, and right now dont want to with the relationship im in and also, dont really need to try it

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah it works kind of. When you have been romantically involved with someone usually there is that atmosphere still between you even when it's over. It's a strange atmosphere in that only you two actually know about it. I find even after separation for years it is still there and sometimes you both miss it. I find this usually happens when you meet each other on the streets or whatever in a random public place or event. Sometimes it leads to a round two sometimes not.

In my opinion it is best to have that attitude in that they will remember what happened the last time the two of you were together and they will be less likely to have sex with you if you made it a really difficult breakup.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It certainly seems a possiblity, but don't let this realationship consume you if your loved one is carried away in a different direction in life. that tends to happen life is short, and although the feeling or aura of love that jacker jones menchioned will be there because of all the memories and moments you shared and time and trust invested in each other there will always be another out there although its not something anyone in your possition wants to hear. Distant relationships just don't usually tend work out, they just don't provide enough substinance for the longing that will persist the heart. the destiny theory is a dangerous one, truth is life is short and well unfair, It's best to make the realationships that are in it count and if its meant to be than the oppurtunity will present itself. you know what I mean? Love is boundless and know that you know what trust is it'll be easier to spot "the slick dogs from all the ponies" so to speak. good luck

"all you know is all you know"
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[quote] Distant relationships just don't usually tend work out, they just don't provide enough substinance for the longing that will persist the heart.

thats not entirely true, im in a long distance relationship at the moment and its working extreamly well, its been almost 2 months and its just getting better

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 34yrs • M •
the could be because your 14 or because you havent seen the world around you haha. things get alot more complex

I ment the majority when I said "don't usually tend to work out"

31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that XFreeGlowStickX is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That theory has actually crushed my heart into tiny pieces.

"There is only one Happiness in life, to Love and be Loved"
 34yrs • M •
srry free glowstick

Simple Question
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy