It's better to be one rose in a bed of roses than, like, one rose in a bed of weeds - Parisite Hilton
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Parenting

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Parenting
There's something wrong with the average state of parenting these days. To help perpetuate it we have fake experts like Dr. Phil instilling a victim complex in the parents of "bad kids."

Clearly this kid is the product of neglectful parenting and expedient solutions to deeper problems.

This video appears to have been removed

"The truth will set you on fire"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did you even watch that episode? Have you ever even seen an entire episode of Dr. Phil?

His methods are pretty solid, aside from exploiting people's personal issues on national television... which pretty much makes anything he does useless.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that DumbKid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote, do you have children? Just wondering. If so, have you tried Dr. Phil's "methods." What kind of children do you believe his methods work on.

Do you believe in spanking your children?

"Clearly this kid is the product of neglectful parenting and expedient solutions to deeper problems. "

Chris, how is it so clear?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
here is a great example of what can happen with poor parenting.
This video appears to have been removed

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is not bad parenting, that just a hoe who likes to do her thing, that and it seems like she's lying and whipping numbers out of her ass. Really who keep tracks of times they've done anything after 40 some that and I'm pretty sure she can't count to 100.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was referring to Dr. Phil's methods of counseling. I know nothing of his parenting abilities, and he certainly wasn't putting himself in the parenting role.

In that particular episode there had been a death in the family, if I remember right, and the mother and son were both all fucked up. They both needed a lot of help and I have in no way implied otherwise.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is basically what I heard from the mother "you listen to me whether I'm right or wrong because I'm your mom and my word is final." That's shitty parenting.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"You listen to me whether I'm right or wrong because I'm your mom and my word is final."

Yes I do find statements like that wrong, but kids hear statements like this all the time. Parents always say they don't need justification or reasoning in arguments. They believe that because you are dependent on them they have the final word.

Does this make here a shitty parent, not solely; there are a lot of factors that make up a bad parent.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
Parenting
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy