The filthy riches of the filthy rich are not unrelated to the filthy poverty of others. - China Mieville
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music that gives you goosebumps

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know that song that every time that one part comes on the hair on the back of your neck stands up and you feel a wave of energy wash over you? This is the kind of music I'm talking about.

Post videos of songs (live performances or music videos) that give you this feeling.

The first song I picked is Lithium by Nirvana. Enjoy.
This video appears to have been removed

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M
To me this performance is like witnessing Armageddon. His potency pours out of him like some kind of raw venom. Dylan in his prime.

36yrs • M
I remember hearing Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" play in my friend's dorm room one evening and getting really caught in it and wondering about the guy that made it and what he must have been like. I don't even think I knew who wrote it at the time. I just knew I always liked that song. It could almost make you weep if the mood was right.

Some time after that night I decided to go on youtube and see if I could find any videos of Bob Dylan playing live. I have this thing where I can only really like a band or performer if they can put on a good live performance, otherwise I think they're phonies. So I searched for Bob Dylan and I came across this exact video.

I was floored by it. I instantly wanted to learn the song and sing it. There were no guitar tabs for it so I had to look at his hands and listen closely to be able to emulate it on my guitar. I went through maybe three of my own "wrong" versions before I finally got good enough to get it exactly right.

After I saw this video I really got immersed in Dylan. I looked for all the old live videos I could find and read books about him.

There's this ever-present feeling in all his older performances that is impossible to fake and comes completely natural to him. I can't explain it really. He has this potency and realness that oozes out of him.

In this video there's another performer there by the name of Donovan. He was another popular singer/songwriter at the time. There was kind of a semi-rivalry between Dylan and Donovan during the time of this video. Donovan had just gotten finished playing a song he wrote and gave a pretty nice performance and after he was finished Dylan gets up from his seat and coaxes Donovan into giving it to him reluctantly.

Dylan plays a short version of "It's All Over Now Baby Blue" by request of Donovan and then proceeds to play this song.

A reverent silence falls over the room.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wild is the wind.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy