Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Joe the Plumber

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Joe the Plumber
Truly disappointing to run a search of Capt.Cynic & not find any hits?
After 8 long years of the Bush administration of the Democracy(?), it is no wonder that little attention is generated by political comments!
I had hoped Ironwood would have graced us with the YouTube version of the encounter . . . I hadn't really followed the exchange so I wanted to review what was said? hmm . . the guy wanted to buy a business making $250,000.00 dollars . . this being the taxable profit? Just how big would the business be to produce that kind of profit . . a half mill . . a million per year, more? He must have a large stash or go into hock to his eyeballs . . . in which case he need not worry about his taxes, he probably wouldn't see any profit for a long time, anyway.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The guy just wanted attention, and you're continuing to give it to him.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The guy just wanted attention, and you're continuing to give it to him.
Well, yes that may be true . . .but it wasn't something I even paid much attention till it became part of the (advertising) promotional campaign . . . (tv version) of several people claiming to be Joe the Plumber (stereotyping) their position or desire to follow a similar course.
A friend said that his statement was he wanted to buy a business for X amount, not the business produced $250,000 or more in profit.
So where did I get the idea that it was that profitable? . . .
(1) Obama's response?
(2) Rather Joe's reaction to Obama's response?
Well at any rate this business doesn't fall into the category of a mom & pop operation of making a living. In fact, if he really was a 15year employee then one might think that he was tired of his employer profiting so much from his (and others) labor & wanted that position himself?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Well at any rate this business doesn't fall into the category of a mom & pop operation of making a living. In fact, if he really was a 15 year employee then one might think that he was tired of his employer profiting so much from his (and others) labor & wanted that position himself?
Well, it is obvious that you don't have any understanding of Joe"s position. You never had to work hard for a living? I worked construction & most of my friends do too. As a friend (block mason) pointed out to me, you don't see many old block masons around that is because it is a young man's game. The labor is hard on the body so as they become older they can't keep doing the work. So you either start your own outfit so you don't have to get out there every day or you end up being a runner for the shop, basically kept on the payroll based on your years of service to the company.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NATuralMan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Considering "Joe's" ties to Keating, it wouldn't suprise me to find he was a McSame campaign plant right along.

Joe the Plumber
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy