Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

'In the moment' disorder...

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The following is a theory I thought up today...
It has do with the possible relation between mental disorder and unnecessary use of short-term and long-term memory.
There are many situations where we easily go through without the need to think about, remember or be aware of things to function properly.
I believe that when we are unsure, or doubtful, or even paranoid we have the desire to focus our memory, thoughts and awareness to confirm the truth of a matter to our best ability.
I think the element of (although possibly mild) disorder comes in when we don't really need to focus (as described above), but from things like habit, direction from others, alternate mind states, and pressure (and possibly others) we still find ourselves focussing.
A person over-focussing might appear and also feel more 'not in the moment'. I also believe a lot of disorder relates to avoidable misinformation. Simply ensuring people exhibiting symptoms do properly understand what's happening could avoid the misinformation.
I think its often more enjoyable to be more 'in the moment' and to not have to think much or remember something to perform in situations. Understanding of this would have obvious implications...

I'd love to hear what others think of this concept, particularly how accurate in regards to reality it seems...

"There is no negative one..."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a good subject you've brought up Black Gold
I'v been a labouer for a decade and I can do my job without thinking about it. It's only when somthing new confronts me and thats when confusion and thinking starts up. But I believe the confusion is just the process when the brain is trying to recall past information and merge it with the new information. Over time and sleep things start to make sense again and you just go back to automatic again.

"I hungry"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy