Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Thought a luxurary?

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thought a luxurary?
I went out to lunch today by self because well I felt like eating without anyone around and more or less just to think. Upon thinking about a coupe random things, I realized how wonderful it is to have time to think all by myself. Which was proceeded by one of the most depressing thoughts I've had in quite sometime.

At least as far as I can see. Thought for the sake of thought is a commodity. We, in are very busy lives have very little if any time to stop and sit down and just think. We as people (speaking only for myself but in reference to the fact that most people I observe live the same) live lives where are minds are forced to focus on one task at a time. Such as work, school, driving, ect ... sure we can think while preforming these tasks but we much keep the majority of are concentration on the task not on what we wish to think about.

Like I said above I think thought is a commodity not something that everyone has access to and not something that can be reached at anytime.

I don't know what this has to do with anything or what I really hope to hear with the posting of this. But the idea and realization that we place so little value on it just disturbed me a little.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I realized all of this myself, I tried very hard to give myself the ability to have simultaneous thought processes. I've yet to succeed and actually I think it is somewhat counterproductive, for me at least.

Now I am trying to extrapolate every experience I have in as many directions as I can come up with at the time.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Thought a luxurary?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy