Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. - Susan Ertz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Existance

User Thread
 30yrs • M •
Rastaman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Existance
This is a post I submitted on a website recently in response to the question of whether, if a God exists, if he approves of smoking marijuana. Now this is a fairly week topic, but my response branched from it. I'd appreciate some readership or feedback.

Thanks,

Remi

When you look at it, there must me be a central influence or weight; a force which directs the flow of all others, otherwise, one must consider the concept (not just the law) of inertia: that is to say that all things, all forces would draw to a stop without some inspiring force. There is no other ultimate reason for anything to exist except for the presence of something, some entity (if indeed the ultimate force can be called that) and matter would simply stop being. With the question of the existence of at least a presence upon which we should agree aside, we can then see such a mundane issue as the vaporization and inhalation of the resultant carcinogens and vaporized chemicals of a carbon-based vascular plant in an obscure blue-green planet on the outer edge of a spiral arm of a remote galaxy. If these perspective changers haven't hindered your curiosity, I congratulate you because you're right to follow this logic to its conclusion. Since we have established he existence of an ordering force, be it a deity or simply a rhythm or patter to the universe, we can extrapolate that this rule of law applies in microcosmic examples as well as huge instances of general existence. In layman's terms, the right and wrong of the universe applies to the entire universe and to the smallest quark in the exact same way, a theory of ordered existence. So to follow this hypothesis, we would have to assume that since the forced movement of the smoke of the cannabis plant is possible that it must be in definition right, because it can be done. And yes I'm a philosopher. And a Rastafarian.

In addition, I think that there are multiple truths, or at least multiple ways of human definition and extrapolation of the one universal existence or truth. While American scientists study their chemical definitions of why everything interacts with everything, and their theories hold, Rastas in Jamaica meditate on the nature of existence, find the presence of one universal truth of Jah, and they are right, too. While we in modern society understand the inspiration of everything that happens in the universe as having been explained by the theories of gravity, inertia, conservation, time, space, etc. But what modern society misses is that the Truth is a much wider, and at the same time thinner than their ugly definition of it. All of these studies seek to describe the same thing which is everything, so it stands to reason that there is only one thing in existence and outside of existence, too.

Existance
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy