Though I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000ft and climbing! - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Tonights Debate - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
McCain says there has been tremendous economic progress during the Bush administration;

Then, he says 'but that's no comfort to all those poor middle income class folks out there.'
When did McCain decide he was pro middle-America?

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • M •
stop giving me a story McCain define you perspective on the issue

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • M •
Stop giving me a history lesion McCain define you perspective on the issue

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A majority of the questions were focused on national security - I guess this is McCain's strong-suit. I do feel that McCain was more knowledgeable of the situation overseas. He did seem also more experience and I suppose he is. Obama was stuttering a bit throughout the debate.

I do think McCain was the winner of this debate. He could discuss details where-as Obama was sticking with safe generalities.

As of right now I feel ambivalent towards Obama. Would McCain do a better job with the war in Iraq and foreign policies? I'm not sure but I do feel he's more informed.

I think the fruits of Obama becoming president aren't found in the areas of knowledge or experience though. The cultural aspect that would benefit from it as well as how we are viewed from the perspective of other countries would change.

It's a tough decision.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If Mccain wins I am leaving this country until he is out of office, and even then, I don' think I'll be coming back.

I'd rather live out in the European mountains under a rock, than live in this greedy, lying sack of shit country. I can't even believe people like George W. Bush were allowed to run this country for 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!! American people as a whole don't even seem to have a backbone against this monstrosity!

Sure, persons with experience seem more qualified for this sort of work, but when you have a man who is more interested in money and power, than all the suffering people under "your protection" there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG.

Mccain doesn't even have an idea of what middle America NEEDS. Like said earlier he was married into money, never had a hard life like that.

How can someone who has never personally experienced these problems even begin to relate to these people?

We need a change for the people and our country, not worrying about blind wars and bullying other countries. We need to just mind our own business for a while and fix our dollar, our education, our connection with one another.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When watching the debate, I saw more of the same from John McCain. I can't believe that this topic is even up for debate. The republicans have been pulling this shit in countries across the world.
The fact that people bought into it, then continue to just blows my mind.

Their tactic revolves around selling politics to the "average person" making stupid people feel that they can understand very complex tax systems with simple phrases that they (conservatives) repeat and sell.

So you get all the drones of group think who believe that they understand the politics that rule their lives but in all honestly couldn't tell you what has really happened over the past 30 years globally to counties that have followed this conservative total free market movement.

The people that fall into this movement are so brain washed and clueless to what really works in the real world. That they can't get over their own retarded ideals.

I don't get upset anymore at how clueless people are, just really sad that people would let others lead their life in such a disrespectful manner. Yet worship the ground that they walk on. I just want to tell them without being prosecuted as non-patriotic or what not, that the people who lead are counties are not who they claim to be.

Tell people that this movement doesn't care about you, you are most likely not in the top three percent or society there for it benefits you in no way shape or form.

And Megen, bro don't leave the only people that leave are quitters it is the job of those who want change to make it. So fight for that in which you believe in, even if it's with nothing more then a single vote.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My mom brought up an interesting point to me the other night. She said that we just pulled out of Vietnam and everything turned out all right. It's not a hostile country today. Maybe we should do the same with Iraq?

Whether we should or shouldn't be in this war is pretty much beside the point. The fact is we are there and we have to deal with it. If I remember correctly in the debate on Thursday, when asked what his plan is about the war in Iraq, Obama pointed attention to his running mate Joe Biden's knowledge of national security. Consequently attention was given to Sarah Palin as a consequence.

The vice presidential debate should be very interesting. It is more interesting to me than the presidential debate last Thursday. It will probably very amusing as well.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
Watch McCain through out the debate he is fidgety, uncollected, and uncertain. Especially watch his eyes he blinks abnormally a lot which s a key is factor or give away when laying.

34yrs • M •
when you preach to the choir does that create internalization?

Tonights Debate - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy