Define freedom; but how is that possible when we as human beings have never experienced it? - zerokool
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Next President (Hopefully) Mr. Chuck Baldwin

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hello, captaincynic members in America (and elsewhere who are interested in the outcome of the next U.S. presidential election). Recently I came across a man and a party that stand for America of old. Before I really get into this discussion I want to make it quite clear that I am a staunch Independent and I do not support any party above or beyond this country and its people.
That being said, for this election I have discovered that Constitutionally there is only one candidate who has any knowledge whatsoever of the Constitution.
The platform of Chuck Baldwin is directly in line with the United States Constitution and simply from the initial research I have done he is the ideal candidate for this election.
For a few points just to begin the discussion: Baldwin is for the elimination of the Roe v. Wade decision. This is in direct keeping with the Constitution which grants any powers not explicitly given to the federal government nor prohibited to the states fall into the realm of States' rights. Nowhere is abortion mentioned in this document, thus the decision for or against abortion falls directly to the states or the people.
Second, all unconstitutional programs that have been created illegally will be dissolved by this party and this candidate. This includes, but is not limited to, the IRS, the FED, the Department of Education, and the Patriot Act. By getting rid of these programs, and others like them, there will be more money in the government to repay the national debt and bring the dollar back up to where it belongs.

I'm going to go ahead and stop now because this is getting kind of long but I am looking forward to any questions and replies anyone might have because I believe this election is one of the most important in our nation's short history. I will also post more arguments in this man's favor as I finish my research into the details of his platform. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

For anyone interested the Constitution Party website can be found here: http://www.constitutionparty.com/

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Have you actually read their platform? I know politics have become corrupted and inefficient, but this party would just contribute to that. Their stances on the issues are based off of documents such as the federalist papers and such, in my mind that would not work in todays society.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 39yrs • M •
That's interesting because all that I've read about the Federalists and the federalist papers seems to support the idea of a strong central government and far less power given to the states and the people. Yet the Constitution Party platform (assuming of course that they all believe in their party stance, seeing as how most politicians become corrupted and power hungry when they finally get the power they crave) specifically states:
We pledge to be faithful to this constitutional requirement and to work methodically to restore to the States and to the people their rightful control over legislative, judicial, executive, and regulatory functions which are not Constitutionally delegated to the federal government.
We stand opposed to any regionalization of governments, at any level, which results in removal of decision-making powers from the people or those directly elected by the people.

I'm curious which aspects of the platform you find in common with the federalists as I haven't come across any significant similarities between the two groups.
(I ask this out of genuine curiosity and I do not mean it to be sarcastic or mean in any way; just in case it came across that way).

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 34yrs • M •
James Madison said: "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined." (Federalist Papers #45)

I just read that quote in some of their platforms while skimming.

You are right thought their platform is as you stated so I will withdraw my post accusing them of being federalist. I read more thoroughly and still do not like this party. Their ties with religion and Baldwin being a pastor scares me because personally I feel like religion and politics should be separate.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 39yrs • M •
I can certainly respect that position as a legitimate complaint and as there are plenty of religious people out there that could do a lot of damage with such a position. Nor do I necessarily believe that the party and its candidates would be anything amazing in the White House. I think my biggest complaint is the lack of anyone better in the two major parties; the entire two party system strikes me as being a big problem for this country. I would mostly like to see a third party candidate win simply to provide a greater system of competition within the race and I do indeed agree with many of their stances on the issues.
My biggest problem with this party is its lack of practical solutions to the problems it declares the country to be in. Like if they got rid of all these programs they denounce what would they replace them with because not replacing them would effectually kill many thousands of people. Unfortunately, I don't see any candidates willing to step and take a real stand. So maybe if anyone has any candidate they know of that could help to dig us out of this hole they could go ahead and mention them here and we could, perhaps, start to rebuild. I guess I just don't really know anymore.

34yrs • M •
Yeah they have good concepts but not practical application. They don't; offer any insight on how they plan to accomplish their goals.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy