Let the people who never find true love keep saying there's no such thing - manin
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Smell the Gas Fumes

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Smell the Gas Fumes
You stop by your local gas station . . . ya, I know what a drag to begin with so why bring up a sore subject? Yes, the price of gas is soaring with no end in sight . . They even have added ethanol (wood alcohol) to extend the supply of fossil fuel, right?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
Ya, right, ya lean against the car as you stick the nozzle into the tank & close your grip upon the handle, releasing the flow of liquid gold into the tank. As you stand there ya begin to notice the sickening smell of gas, you may even look down to see the fumes venting from the tank as the flow of liquid displaces air . . . ya think 'Ya, the tank isn't the only thing that is getting the hose treatment or not the only orifice that is getting a nozzle stuffed into it?
Hmm . . . self-service has been around for quite awhile but awareness of fuel vanishing supply is relatively resent. I can remember my mother saying "It is just as easy to keep the tank full as it is half full . . ya that what you think!
Ever stop to think 'just how much fuel do you lose in the form of evaporation from the tank, especially now with the addition of bio-fuel to extend or alternate to fossil fuel? I mean, the stuff is volatile to begin with (gasoline) without the addition of ethanol, so I wonder just how much fuel have we been losing all along?
I wonder if may be we should be using collapsible fuel cells (bags like the military use for storing fuel) in our fuel tanks to reduce the effect of such loss & nip a source of pollution in the bud so to speak?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but that would mean no money for big oil companies. They can't have that happening now. ;D

See the stupid thing about people is they keep buying for those outrageous prices. They do the same thing with games too.

I assumed they price it at the maximum amount to where they know people can't deny it and so far people are still buying!!! That's telling them people are actually willing to pay these ridiculous prices!!! So of course they're going to keep walking all over us. I really think they're going to keep using oil until ALL of it it gone, THENnnn they'll give us a new resource... but it still might burn holes through our pockets.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
That's telling them people are actually willing to pay these ridiculous prices!!! So of course they're going to keep walking all over us. I really think they're going to keep using oil until ALL of it it gone, THENnnn they'll give us a new resource... but it still might burn holes through our pockets.
but it still might . . . what do you mean as if it was in doubt? I mean , the price will get so high that it will become sound economics to take oil from shell & other forms of residual deposits . . . they're going to keep using oil until ALL of it it gone As yet out on the highway, the words of the song still sound true . . I can't drive 55 . . . one problem is that industrialization equates to mass production or producing a big lots of the same; not particularly geared for changes. Another is the desire to produce a high tech alternates so they can recoup any losses (profiteering aspect). I mean they want to promote consumer dependency on them for their product (service).

Smell the Gas Fumes
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy