Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what do i do?

User Thread
 30yrs • M •
TypicalABE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what do i do?
my girlfriend has been gone for 2 weeks, and has just gotten back the otherday. i havent even seen her yet and i get a text this morning that she is confused and lost, and that she is not sure if she still loves me. i still have strong feelings about her and if she were to leave me, i dont know how i would handle it. she hasnt given me an answer about how she feels, and the wait is truely killing me, i feel depressed and hurt and confused on how you can just out of the blue lose feeling for someone. what am i suppost to do? how am i suppost to act? she means so much to me. please help.

"life is like a book where you never know when its gonna end, you just keep reading."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess my advice would be to talk,
Be careful with how you say things,
Perhaps speak to someone else at length before speaking with her and see if you can find out roughly how she may be feeling,
Take your time with it, but still avoid doing nothing.

People make strange decisions sometimes, sometimes at the expense of a relationship. Often there is little that can be done, depending on the psychology of the other in the relationship.

Stay alert, stay patient, but don't give up...
Sometimes people break up for long amounts of time only to get back together. But one aspect of this is they often stay in contact.

I hope it works out for you! (I was upset when my long term girlfriend ended our relationship)

"There is no negative one..."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah think it all over, what you say you will look back for quite sometime.

The stupidest things i've done in relationships are in anger or confusion.

And just like black gold said, keep you head high. People break up thats usually not the end of it.

And if the world doesn't fall towards you chances are it has to do a lot more with things that are out of your control.

Semisonic says ever new being comes from some other beings end. Meaning if you two do work it out or if not, chances are it'll be for the better in the long run.

Keep you chin up and good luck.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dunno if you've talked to your girl yet, but my best advice to you is to either talk to someone, or write down, how you're feeling. Kind of straighten out your thoughts right now cause no doubt they're all over the place.

Black Gold suggested that you should be careful with how you word things and having your thoughts straight before hand will help with that aspect tremendously, even though it won't perfect it.

Break-ups are hard, usually on both parties. Odds are she hasn't lost all feelings for you, she just feels she's ready to move on, and that feeling has been known to change.

One last things to keep in mind is don't panic. You need to stay calm to maintain a clear mind and thought process. If you start to freak out and break down odds are you're gonna do something stupid out of desperation and mess things up worse.

This isn't the end so don't tell yourself it is, that isn't going to help you. If things don't work out now maybe they will later and maybe they aren't meant to work out at all, but nobody really knows that. Not you, not me, not her, not anyone.

Get your thoughts straight, speak carefully and with meaning, and stay calm.

I wish you the best of luck

~fireangel~

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just had another thought... Sometimes people disagree about things, sometimes small things, sometimes bigger things...

Often it's easier to agree to disagree about smaller things and get by, but the bigger things are harder, and could result in a rift in a relationship...

Often people can change their views, and start to agree, which is much more significant with the bigger things.

Perhaps understand that people change, and make some effort to work with this. But, again, be careful how you would go about talking about this...

By the way, how are you going with the situation?

"There is no negative one..."
what do i do?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy