Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Now I Don't Have To Throw Away My Vote

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
As usual she is a human and I have dissagreements with her from time to time, but my trust in her runs far deeper than anyone running today and her general aims are right in line with my own.

She would set the country on a true course of substanative change.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
she's good, wish she would've stayed a democrat so she was more easily electable but i like where she stands on what this administration has done to are country.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M
I understand the more electable part due to party loyalist, but lets face it, democrats likely wouldn't have voted for her anyway,

And one of the keys to advancing todays society is to break down this two party rule, divide and conquer, nonsense.

At least a strong third party would do wonders, well, uncorrupted of course.

But it would be reminiscent of the good ol days when we had three equal branches of government, ya know, with those checks and balances I used to read about, thems musta been nice.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
agreed, you for just three parties or would you like to see a system similar to Europe's with close to 50 electable parties.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M
Couldn't say really, I don't think limitations are necessary, and I think ultimately that it is more important to have open accessible avenues to run or produce worthy candidates.

But given our current circumstances in the US, at least one more strong party but perhaps a couple to break up corruption and previous mind sets so stuck on two parties is necessary.

But for this to be truly effective, at least to my current goals, these parties would have to have access to and be protected from retribution for having access to and use of, taboo, revolutionary subjects and ideals, as well as some classified materials or people with access to them, even if as advisors.

Which would hopefully happen due to a breakdown or restructuring of party loyalties anyway.

And of course, true campaign reform. The rediculousness of the influence of money in politics has to go, or nothing will change.

If ever there was a government program to be had, probably locally, were some tax dollars could be put to good use, is to give people a voice.

Sure, there are some programs available and we are in need of addressing ignorance and apathy, but there are actively dissenting and change oriented voices that are not being heard, especially without ridicule and condemnation from authority figures and majorities, and they certainly aren't doing much in the way of education, they will be right in saying is needed, especially education that includes viewpoints other than their own, nullifying any education they do provide.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Quite a change from the Obama string & your defence of our capitalistic system?
quote:
But it would be reminiscent of the good ol days when we had three equal branches of government, ya know, with those checks and balances I used to read about, thems musta been nice.

Do you truely believe that this actually ever existed? If it had worked (system of checks & balances then we would not be in the state we are in, would we? But I do agree that it is bad for the Democractic party that she has left it & for the people even more so as apathy generated tends only too further divide the people which only strengthens Republican position.
The first thing, We the People need too do is stand together that we may throw off the yoke of tranny that has been slipped over our heads with each passing day since our becoming the United States.

46yrs • M
quote:
Quite a change from the Obama string & your defence of our capitalistic system?

Who was that to, if me, I could use some more referrence.

quote:
Do you truely believe that this actually ever existed?

Definitely on paper, but I really don't know, or trust, my history well enough to argue for it. Though I do believe I have heard tale of times when it actually did its job, though for all I know it may have been for show.

I do know there have been points where it has visibly degraded, as under Bush in the blatant centralization of power, showing that at one point it had some more substance, but any time in the recent past, to be sure, it has been fairly defanged by corruption and collusion, and more of what I learn points to long before that.

Indeed being established as a form of covert tyranny to begin with.

But there have been those who attempted to fight it. And it is these people who have stood up and invite us to stand with them, I can only hope they are genuine and provide my support for those whose records show the greatest fight against corruption and inclination towards actual possitive change.

Your added point about her and the Democratic party is, as Zach's, made moot by a very real, recent, and highly visible account of what happened to Dr. Ron Paul in the Republican race.

He was visibly winning nationally televised debate and straw polls left and right and he was treated like a kook and a traitor by the media and pundits anyway (even though he even won some of them over), dismissed and berated. The same if not more would have happened to her, though being a black woman may have actually counter balanced some of that.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
He was visibly winning nationally televised debate and straw polls left and right and he was treated like a kook and a traitor by the media and pundits anyway (even though he even won some of them over), dismissed and berated.
Yes, I agree . . in fact I had recently read an article in a local rag which extended this type of actions. The gist of it was "how those who don't go along with the majority ( or perhaps what we are misled to believe as the majority) are indeed branded as some unpatriotic heretic.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy